Two Table objects for same database table

Gary Malouf

Jan 15, 2016, 12:26:07 AM1/15/16
to Slick / ScalaQuery
I'm using Silhouette with Slick as the interface to the database - we are migrating from a Rails application.  The way silhouette's authentication infrastructure is written, it pretty much forces you to save your password at a separate point (separate SQL update) from the creation/editing of a user/identity.

In our legacy application, these are in the same table so we do not want to change that in the near term.

I'm trying to find a way to do an upsert to my 'users' table such that the password field is ignored by slick.  Should I define two slick tables for users - with one containing id naming info and a separate one just allowing you to save the password?