Setting Config for Slick 3 Time-outs?

Kevin Meredith

Nov 16, 2015, 10:38:26 AM11/16/15
to Slick / ScalaQuery
In my spray + slick 3 web service, I'm seeing the following error when processing an HTTP request:

Failed to get a response from Httpakka.pattern.AskTimeoutException: Ask timed out on
    [Actor[akka://my-system/user/] after [20000 ms]

I looked at the Slick 3 docs, but I don't know how to set any time-outs.

Since Slick works with Future's, where can I find the time-out values?

Anthony Wong

Nov 22, 2015, 5:51:44 PM11/22/15
to Slick / ScalaQuery
This means your actor is not sending a reply back to the sender within 20 seconds.
I'd say it's more likely to be some logic error or swallowed exception in your actor code than slick timing out.