Translations of Scala documentation

Анастасия Маркина

Nov 25, 2016, 10:06:18 AM11/25/16
to scala-user
Hi!

I want to translate some materials, that were made by community, to Russian and publish the translation in the Internet and I wonder if any prohibitions exists in the case, for example, of Scala Language Specification. I found information about license of Scala binaries, but not about the documentation status.

Could anyone, please, give me a hint where to ask for permissions for such publications, if any required?

Best regards,
Anastasia.

Adriaan Moors

Nov 28, 2016, 5:52:11 PM11/28/16
to Анастасия Маркина, scala-user
Hi,

Thanks for checking, and for offering to translate! The language specification is covered by the same license as the source: BSD-3. As far as I know, the easiest solution is for your translation to use the same license, and to keep the copyright notice in place in existing files. Does that work for you?

cheers
adriaan

Анастасия Маркина

Nov 30, 2016, 4:35:33 AM11/30/16
to scala-user
I'm most grateful to you for answer, that works well enough!