:javap unavailable on this platform.

Ittay Dror

May 15, 2011, 1:16:21 PM5/15/11
to scala-user
Hi,

What can be the reason for javap not being available in the REPL? I'm
using Windows 7 64bit with JDK 6 32bit

Regards,
Ittay

Paul Phillips

May 15, 2011, 1:34:25 PM5/15/11
to Ittay Dror, scala-user
On 5/15/11 10:16 AM, Ittay Dror wrote:
> What can be the reason for javap not being available in the REPL? I'm
> using Windows 7 64bit with JDK 6 32bit

I will change this message to "you need tools.jar on your classpath."

Cay Horstmann

Jul 13, 2011, 4:39:30 PM7/13/11
to scala-user
I ran into this inside the REPL in Eclipse. How would I add tools.jar
so the REPL finds it? In eclipse.ini???

Thanks,

Cay

Cay Horstmann

Aug 2, 2011, 8:00:09 PM8/2/11
to scala...@googlegroups.com
For that matter, I can't even do it in the REPL. I added tools.jar to the class path and it made no difference. I know it's on the class path because the REPL finds the contents. For example, it tab-completes com.sun.tools.javap.Main.run.

Osman Tekin

Apr 22, 2015, 5:01:47 PM4/22/15
to scala...@googlegroups.com
This is also happening to me. After I add tools.jar to the classpath it makes no difference.

I'm using Lubuntu x64 if that helps.

Som Snytt

Apr 22, 2015, 5:19:32 PM4/22/15
to Osman Tekin, scala-user
Java7 javap is not supported on 2.10.

On 2.11, repl should locate tools.jar and handle Java6 or Java7+.

It uses JAVA_HOME first:

https://github.com/scala/scala/blob/v2.11.6/src/compiler/scala/tools/util/PathResolver.scala#L133

-Dscala.repl.debug=true might diagnose something.