Typesafe Activator Files not shown in alphabetical order?

David Gilfillan

Nov 12, 2015, 8:32:36 AM11/12/15
to scala-user
Hi, I am fairly new to Scala and using Typesafe Activator, however I have noticed and become baffled by a strange problem which I am not sure is either a bug with the Activator program or just my own settings. Basically when I have a project open in Activator it seems that files within folders are not listed in alphabetical order which causes problems when trying to traverse folders with many files. If anyone has the same problem or a solution, please advise. See attached screenshot.

Thanks
Dave
TypesafeActivatorFileOrderProblem.PNG

Tim Harper

Nov 22, 2015, 1:29:38 PM11/22/15
to scala-user
I wouldn't call this a bug; file systems are not inherently ordered. As a work-around, I'd just use your browser text-search feature.

You could consider submitting a feature request:

Likely simple to add, probably just involves the addition of `.sorted` somewhere.