What is the best IDE for Scala programming?

ssub...@gmail.com

Jun 21, 2016, 9:51:37 AM6/21/16
to scala-user
Hi experts,

I am MSBI developer,but now I got project in scala with apache spark. I wan to explore more. Microsoft did POC for us before but now we need to take care fully.

They used jupyter notebook, really I don't understand the actual use of jupyter notebook. kindly help me out both the queries.

Thanks

Donald McLean

Jun 21, 2016, 2:41:15 PM6/21/16
to scala-user
Hi,

Choice of an IDE tends to be a personal thing. I am a big fan of IDEA (with the Scala plugin) from JetBrains. Others prefer the ScalaIDE (which I believe is a form of Eclipse, and I really hate Eclipse). Try them both and see how they work for you.

Family photographs are a critical legacy for
ourselves and our descendants. Protect that
legacy with a digital backup and recovery plan.

Dennis Haupt

Jun 21, 2016, 5:36:11 PM6/21/16
to Donald McLean, scala-user
well the best two are intellij and eclipse. those also happen to be the only ones. i quickly googled for netbeans, but the scala plugin seems to be 2 years old.

Gesendet: Dienstag, 21. Juni 2016 um 20:41 Uhr
Von: "Donald McLean" <dmcl...@gmail.com>
An: scala-user <scala...@googlegroups.com>
Betreff: Re: [scala-user] What is the best IDE for Scala programming?

Oliver Ruebenacker

Jun 21, 2016, 5:40:43 PM6/21/16
to Dennis Haupt, Donald McLean, scala-user

     Hello,

  I don't know anything about it, but there is ENSIME.

     Best, Oliver
Oliver Ruebenacker
Senior Software Engineer, Diabetes Portal, Broad Institute

Bjorn Regnell

Jun 29, 2016, 10:53:39 AM6/29/16
to scala-user, h-s...@gmx.de, dmcl...@gmail.com
Here's a video demonstrating Scala with Ensime in Atom showing off cool IDE features (I haven't tested it yet but it looks nice):
http://underscore.io/blog/posts/2015/11/03/atom.html

cheers
/Bjorn

Andrew Gaydenko

Jun 29, 2016, 11:45:22 AM6/29/16
to scala-user
ENSIME supports a list of "editors" (which you can treat as IDE): http://ensime.github.io/editors/

Ajit Kshirsagar

Jun 29, 2016, 1:44:05 PM6/29/16
to scala-user
I'm new to Scala and have started using Intellij Idea as IDE. I feel this is good choice if you have used eclipse previously as it has lot of shortcuts to improve your speed and good version control support(especially for github).