Idiomatic scala rest client example

Joao Da Silva

Feb 12, 2016, 11:25:51 AM2/12/16
to scala-user
Hi, I need to develop a library to consume a rest api, is it possible someone to point me to a idiomatic/good scala rest client library so I can learn from before doing mine,

thanks

AdiosDr Winzig

Feb 12, 2016, 5:10:12 PM2/12/16
to scala-user
Hi Joao,

REST is just a convention on how to use the http protocol. So all you need is already included in play.
Here is a good link how a restful api could look like

Cheers

Gordian

pagoda_5b

Feb 12, 2016, 6:32:52 PM2/12/16
to scala-user
Since ReST clients is a really hot topic, you can find several differing implementations out there, each with its own approach. I can hardly say that anything like an idiomatic standard exists.
I can point you to the following libraries, know to me:

play
finagle
spray
dispatch
http4s
rapture
newman
httpz
blaze

Ivano

pagoda_5b

Feb 12, 2016, 8:58:04 PM2/12/16
to scala-user

S Ahmed

Mar 10, 2016, 3:43:26 PM3/10/16
to Joao Da Silva, scala-user
I'm not sure on the quality of the style or how idiomatic it is:

On Fri, Feb 12, 2016 at 10:36 AM, Joao Da Silva <jo...@codedefinition.com> wrote:
Hi, I need to develop a library to consume a rest api, is it possible someone to point me to a idiomatic/good scala rest client library so I can learn from before doing mine,

thanks

S Ahmed

Mar 10, 2016, 3:44:04 PM3/10/16
to scala-user