SBT Incompatible Scala Version

Seyed H. HAERI (Hossein)

May 8, 2017, 10:14:52 AM5/8/17
to scala-user
Dear all,

I am trying to use ScalaSBT in the following scenario: My SBT
(0.13.15) uses Scala 2.12, whereas my ScalaIDE uses Scala 2.11.8. As
such, I get the following incompatibility error with my projects:

<error>
Description Resource Path Location Type
scala-parser-combinators_2.12-1.0.4.jar of Hello build path is
cross-compiled with an incompatible version of Scala (2.12.0). In case
this report is mistaken, this check can be disabled in the compiler
preference page. Hello Unknown Scala Version Problem
</error>

How can I resolve that?

TIA,
--Hossein

Seyed H. HAERI (Hossein), Dr.

Post-Doctoral Research Fellow
Department of Computing Science and Engineering
Catholic University of Louvain
Louvain-la-Neuve, Belgium

ACCU - Professionalism in programming - http://www.accu.org/

Oliver Ruebenacker

May 8, 2017, 10:25:08 AM5/8/17
to Seyed H. HAERI (Hossein), scala-user

     Hello,

  You mean how to set the Scala version in SBT and/or ScalaIDE so that they are the same?

  In SBT, you can set the Scala version using:

  scalaVersion := "2.11.8"

  In ScalaIDE, you can set the Scala version manually, or you can use sbteclise to import them from the SBT build definition.

     Best, Oliver

Oliver Ruebenacker
Senior Software Engineer, Diabetes Portal, Broad Institute

Seyed H. HAERI (Hossein)

May 8, 2017, 10:41:51 AM5/8/17
to scala-user
Thanks Oliver.

> In SBT, you can set the Scala version using:
>
> scalaVersion := "2.11.8"

Yes, this works. But, too specific to this very project...

<snip>
> or you can use
> sbteclise to import them from the SBT build definition.

... tell me more about this one please.

Cheers,

Oliver Ruebenacker

May 8, 2017, 10:44:42 AM5/8/17
to Seyed H. HAERI (Hossein), scala-user

     Hello,

  sbteclipse is an Eclipse plugin (and ScalaIDE is Eclipse), and you can find instructions here.

     Best, Oliver

Seyed H. HAERI (Hossein)

May 8, 2017, 10:58:47 AM5/8/17
to scala-user