Scala Interview Preparation.

vivek poddar

Jun 10, 2016, 3:04:05 PM6/10/16
to scala-user
Hi Guys,

This is my first post in this group and this starts with this question (**face palm**) but here is the situation, I have fair enough knowledge in Java and never programmed in Scala before but I am getting an awesome opportunity which needs Scala expertise and I have told the interviewer that I am ok with it so, on Monday I have this interview. What are the things that I can do in these days to get me fearless from the interviewer and not to give him some stupid answers? or what he may ask from me?

Thanks,

Rich Oliver

Jun 10, 2016, 3:44:30 PM6/10/16
to scala-user
Join the Coursera "functional programming in Scala" course, its free, and you could do the first two assignments before the interview. Get hold of an e book version of Programming in Scala by Odersky, Spoon and Venners 3rd edition.

Anatoly Yakovenko

Jun 15, 2016, 8:22:00 AM6/15/16
to Rich Oliver, scala-user
I am a Haskell/C programmer that just got a Scala gig. Everything in this book

http://learnyouahaskell.com/chapters

Was every applicable. The cats/scalaz libraries implement all the functional typeclasses pretty close to Haskell

Anatoly

Lasker

Jun 21, 2016, 9:51:37 AM6/21/16
to scala-user
I would read the "Scala for the Impatient" excellent book. Will get you from Java to Scala in about 300 pages.