How to find Scala libraries

gvim

Nov 20, 2015, 9:50:51 PM11/20/15
to scala-user
Is there a Clojars/Rubygems/PyPI for Scala? If not, what is the accepted
method of browsing available Scala libraries? I could only see 100
libraries using the Scala tag in Maven.

gvim

Tim Harper

Nov 22, 2015, 1:03:01 PM11/22/15
to scala-user
Scala libraries are usually published to maven, but I normally just search for them using the google machine. If a library doesn't have a descriptive home page / Github page / etc., then it is probably not kept up-to-date or worth using.

This guy is trying to keep an index of libraries:

https://github.com/lauris/awesome-scala

And, the Akka community keeps a list:

http://akka.io/community/

A lot of the time, if you can't find a Scala library to do what you need, there are tons of great Java libraries you can use without a tremendous amount of discomfort.

Filippo De Luca

Nov 23, 2015, 5:51:34 AM11/23/15
to gvim, scala-user
Scala libraries, are Java library actually. So any jar is a scala library.

On 21 November 2015 at 02:50, gvim <gvi...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there a Clojars/Rubygems/PyPI for Scala? If not, what is the accepted method of browsing available Scala libraries? I could only see 100 libraries using the Scala tag in Maven.

gvim

Sonnenschein

Nov 30, 2015, 9:24:08 AM11/30/15
to scala-user