ANNOUNCEMENT: Salat to become stand-alone project June 15, 2015

Noah Zucker

May 20, 2015, 4:28:00 PM5/20/15
to scala...@googlegroups.com

Salat started out as a small project developed by Rose Toomey (@rktoomey) at Novus. Over the years, it has grown beyond our original use case and today - with 2,000 downloads a month and thousands of users - Salat is a cornerstone of the Scala / Mongo developer community and instrumental in other projects, such as the Play Framework (via play-salat).

After years of building the Novus platform and open source projects like Salat, Rose Toomey recently moved on from Novus to pursue new ventures. This catalyzed discussion among the Novus engineering team regarding the future of Salat. We decided that we want to make it explicit that Salat belongs to its original creators and community of users. For that reason, on June 15th, 2015 we are promoting Salat to its own github project under:
https://github.com/salat

Novus will continue contributing to Salat and looks forward to increased community participation. Our engineers will continue to contribute to the project, and Rose will continue to be Project Lead and "Benevolent Dictator for Life."

Regards,

Noah Zucker / @noahlz
Novus Partners