Scala pitfalls guide

Christopher Vogt

Apr 11, 2014, 9:57:58 AM4/11/14
to scala-l...@googlegroups.com
We decided to put together a guide to document common Scala pitfalls and how to deal with them. We hope this will spread awareness in the community and provides a central and easy place to refer to, especially for newcomers. We require community contributions to make this guide happen.

I started a draft of the document in a branch of the docs.scala-lang.org repo and added a number of issues and some stubs. Please contribute descriptions and code examples of significant cases of surprising behavior you stumbled over, when using Scala. Please check if it is already listed and consider adding different examples or improving what's there.

https://github.com/scala/scala.github.com/blob/pitfalls/overviews/core/_posts/2014-04-08-language-pitfalls.md

This guide will help all of us. Let's work together to make it happen.

Thank you.

Christopher
--
Scala Team, EPFL Lausanne

Andrew Phillips

Apr 11, 2014, 1:45:38 PM4/11/14
to scala-l...@googlegroups.com
More learning resources can only be a good thing. I hope Scala Puzzlers can also help here:

From your description, we certainly share the goal of making some of Scala's more head-scratching behaviour slightly less confusing ;-)

ap

Pathikrit Bhowmick

May 5, 2014, 2:15:25 PM5/5/14
to scala-l...@googlegroups.com
I remember seeing these in a slide / presentation somwhere. Any links to that presentation?