Scala projects

Kevin Avignon

Mar 7, 2016, 11:06:45 PM3/7/16
to scala-language
Hi,

My name is Kevin Avignon and I'm a senior software engineering student in Canada. In college, most of our courses are given using Java. As an intern in my three different internships, I was exposed to C#, XAML and F# as other languages. Looking at the projects in Scala, I am very interested because Scala is to Java what F# is to C# and I love what I'm seeing from F#. At the moment, I am interested by the 4, yes 4 !, following projects :

  1. Fast Parser
  2. CoRoutines
  3. Support for Dotty
  4. Scala Build tool
For someone with some knowledge of functional programming with another language, I was wondering if it mattered? The problem with FP is not the language by itself, but more getting around the FP paradigm. That was what I shown during a tech conference in a user group. Right now, I am very interested in learning Scala but I would like to know which projects mentors would like me to focus more on knowing that, yes I know the FP paradigm and a FP language, but it's not Scala. I'd like to add that I'm very fast to learn new tech and I'd love to be of use during the summer!

Thanks!

Denys Shabalin

Mar 15, 2016, 12:17:19 PM3/15/16
to scala-language, Petrashko Dmytro
Hi Kevin,

You should contact mentors of the projects you liked directly to discuss the details.

If you're interested in doing some dotty-related work you can also contact /cc Dimitry for extra ideas around the project.

Cheers,
Denys

Kevin Avignon

Mar 15, 2016, 1:17:00 PM3/15/16
to scala-l...@googlegroups.com

Hi,

Is it possible for you to give me the emails of Dimitry? As for the mentors for the fast parser and Scala build tools,  could you give their emails too? I cannot find their contact info on GitHub.

Thanks,

Kevin