for issue SI-9729

Piyush Jaiswal

Jan 24, 2017, 11:49:00 PM1/24/17
to scala-internals
Hi everyone,
I'm new here to scala and want to be a part of the scala project. I found the issue SI-9729 related to compilers and wanted to work on it. Could anyone help me get started?

Thanks,
Piyush

Adriaan Moors

Jan 25, 2017, 8:32:14 PM1/25/17
to scala-internals
Hi,

Welcome! It's possible to change the error reporter using a command line switch, thanks to #4544. A custom reporter should let you reverse the order of messages.

cheers
adriaan

getting started docs:

Piyush Jaiswal

Jan 27, 2017, 2:37:20 AM1/27/17
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com, adr...@lightbend.com
Hey Adriaan,
Thank you for all your help. Is there a possible example or tests where #4544 and the default reporter are used so as to get a better understanding of their working?

Thanks,
Piyush

Adriaan Moors

Piyush Jaiswal

Feb 3, 2017, 8:50:37 AM2/3/17
to Adriaan Moors, scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Hey Adriaan,
Sorry for the late reply, my college submissions were due. I was trying to run some tests but faced a problem. "sbt test" and "sbt partest" seem to be working fine, but "partest" for a subset of tests as mentioned in the scala hacker guide is not working for me. Here's my error:

piyush@UTD:~/Documents/programs/GIT/scala/test$ partest files/run/*interpol*
No command 'partest' found, did you mean:
 Command 'paxtest' from package 'paxtest' (universe)
partest: command not found

Could you tell me where I'm going wrong?

On Tue, Jan 24, 2017 at 8:49 PM Piyush Jaiswal <piyush.jaiswal@st.niituniversity.in> wrote:
Hi everyone,
I'm new here to scala and want to be a part of the scala project. I found the issue SI-9729 related to compilers and wanted to work on it. Could anyone help me get started?

Thanks,
Piyush

Adriaan Moors

Feb 3, 2017, 2:59:48 PM2/3/17
to Piyush Jaiswal, scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Ah, the hacker guide probably needs to be updated. The partest command is now an sbt task, so you run it from inside the sbt shell.

The recommended workflow is to first start sbt and then enter commands from its shell.

Piyush Jaiswal

Adriaan Moors

Piyush Jaiswal

Adriaan Moors