code.jar

Aleksandar Prokopec

Feb 6, 2012, 3:29:09 AM2/6/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Did anyone notice this error:

/Users/aleksandar/workspaces/scala/scala/build.xml:1689:
java.lang.RuntimeException: No code.jar found in
/Users/aleksandar/workspaces/scala/scala/test/files/codelib
at scala.sys.package$.error(package.scala:27)
at
scala.tools.partest.nest.PathSettings$$anonfun$srcCodeLib$1.apply(PathSettings.scala:47)
at
scala.tools.partest.nest.PathSettings$$anonfun$srcCodeLib$1.apply(PathSettings.scala:47)
at scala.Option.getOrElse(Option.scala:106)
at
scala.tools.partest.nest.PathSettings$.srcCodeLib(PathSettings.scala:46)
at scala.tools.partest.PartestTask.execute(PartestTask.scala:316)

--
Aleksandar Prokopec,
Doctoral Assistant

Aleksandar Prokopec

Feb 6, 2012, 3:31:30 AM2/6/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
It happens when running:

ant test

Cheers,
Alex

Hubert Plociniczak

Feb 6, 2012, 3:47:03 AM2/6/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
It probably has something to do with the jar Eugene wanted to add to
tests (see a few threads before on scala-internals)?
Did you try ./pull-binary-libs.sh?

hubert

Aleksandar Prokopec

Feb 6, 2012, 3:58:00 AM2/6/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com, Hubert Plociniczak
Yes, I saw that, but I figured that he was supposed to call this script
to upload the jar, and that it gets downloaded by the ant build
automatically, similar to other jars in the build. But:

./pull-binary-libs.sh

solves the problem.

Thanks,
Alex

Eugene Burmako

Feb 6, 2012, 4:00:50 AM2/6/12
to scala-internals, Joshua Suereth
Oh, I was also under impression that missing/stale jars get downloaded
automatically by ant. /ccing Josh to find out the truth.

On Feb 6, 9:58 am, Aleksandar Prokopec <aleksandar.proko...@epfl.ch>
wrote:
> Yes, I saw that, but I figured that he was supposed to call this script
> to upload the jar, and that it gets downloaded by the ant build
> automatically, similar to other jars in the build. But:
>
>      ./pull-binary-libs.sh
>
> solves the problem.
>
> Thanks,
> Alex
>
> On 2/6/12 9:47 AM, Hubert Plociniczak wrote:
>

> > It probably has something to do with the jar Eugene wanted to add to
> > tests (see a few threads before on scala-internals)?
> > Did you try ./pull-binary-libs.sh?
>
> > hubert
>
> > On 02/06/2012 09:31 AM, Aleksandar Prokopec wrote:
> >> It happens when running:
>
> >>     ant test
>
> >> Cheers,
> >> Alex

Josh Suereth

Feb 6, 2012, 5:47:06 AM2/6/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com, Joshua Suereth

At one point in time ant called pull-binary-libs.sh in init.  Did that go away and I missed it?

Eugene Burmako

Feb 6, 2012, 6:14:19 AM2/6/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com, Joshua Suereth

Paul Phillips

Feb 6, 2012, 9:33:34 AM2/6/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 6, 2012 at 3:14 AM, Eugene Burmako <eugene....@epfl.ch> wrote:
> https://github.com/scala/scala/commit/263aa2ead1f599f48b218027eb9550745fef43f1

That commit exists because it had been the case that pull-binary-libs
would be run by ant if you had no starr at all, but not if your
desired shas had been updated and you had a dated starr. But the
logic I added only checks for the compiler.jar being out of date, and
you can see from my build.xml comment why.

I don't remember if there's some reason it doesn't just run
pull-binary-libs blindly on every run, but if we're going to do that
the script probably has to be hardened so it doesn't e.g. fail or take
a long time when there's no network available.

Geoff Reedy

Feb 6, 2012, 11:08:51 AM2/6/12
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, Feb 06, 2012 at 06:33:34AM -0800, Paul Phillips said

> I don't remember if there's some reason it doesn't just run
> pull-binary-libs blindly on every run, but if we're going to do that
> the script probably has to be hardened so it doesn't e.g. fail or take
> a long time when there's no network available.

I just submitted a pull request that makes ant run the script anytime a
jar is out-of-date with respect to the modification time of the
desired.sha1 file.