testing 2.11.6-SNAPSHOT

Adriaan Moors

Feb 20, 2015, 5:45:36 PM2/20/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi gang,

Most of the 2.11.6 PRs have been merged. Early next week (Mon/Tue) I intend to stage the release, so this weekend/early next week would be a good time for some extra scrutiny of the nightly builds.

Since we've moved to jline 2.12.1 to fix some issues with alt-gr keyboards, please unleash your most daring keyboard acrobatics on the REPL and let us know about any weirdness.

Also, scaladoc's javascript was tweaked a bit. Could you make sure (once it's the weekend in San Francisco -- changes land at the urls below in about 7 hrs) that both:

The community build for 2.11.x is looking good, but reports on compiling your project on 2.11.6-SNAPSHOT are always appreciated!

Have a great weekend, and thanks for helping make each release of 2.11 a little friendlier/stabler/faster/shinier/...!

cheers
adriaan

Tony Sloane

Feb 21, 2015, 7:20:37 PM2/21/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
On 21 Feb 2015, at 9:45 am, Adriaan Moors <adr...@typesafe.com> wrote:

The community build for 2.11.x is looking good, but reports on compiling your project on 2.11.6-SNAPSHOT are always appreciated!

The 2.11.6 SNAPSHOT seems to work fine with the current build of Kiama 1.x and 2.x.

cheers,
Tony

Miles Sabin

Feb 22, 2015, 7:03:44 AM2/22/15
to scala-internals
On Fri, Feb 20, 2015 at 10:45 PM, Adriaan Moors <adr...@typesafe.com> wrote:
> The community build for 2.11.x is looking good, but reports on compiling
> your project on 2.11.6-SNAPSHOT are always appreciated!

shapeless 2.1.0 is fine on 2.11.6-SNAPSHOT.

It looks as though the community build is still on shapeless 2.0.0 ...
what's the protocol for getting that bumped up (or added to, it might
make sense to verify both 2.0.0 and 2.1.0).

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin
tel: +44 7813 944 528

Jon Pretty

Feb 22, 2015, 7:36:24 AM2/22/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi Miles,

Send a pull request to scala/community-builds. Looks like you'll need to change the file common-2.11.x.conf.

(Note to self: add Rapture too.)

Cheers,
Jon

Miles Sabin

Feb 22, 2015, 7:43:28 AM2/22/15
to scala-internals
On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Jon Pretty <prope...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Send a pull request to scala/community-builds. Looks like you'll need to
> change the file common-2.11.x.conf.

I would if I were sure it was that simple ;-)

Eugene Burmako

Feb 22, 2015, 1:04:39 PM2/22/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adriaan,

Today I found a very annoying bug in the MacroPlugin architecture. Luckily, the fix is trivial, both in size and in breakage risks: https://github.com/scala/scala/pull/4353. Would it be possible to have it included in 2.11.6?

Cheers,
Eugene

Adriaan Moors

Feb 23, 2015, 1:47:38 PM2/23/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com

On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 4:42 AM, Miles Sabin <mi...@milessabin.com> wrote:
I would if I were sure it was that simple ;-)

If it's not, we're happy hear about it, so we can make sure it will be next time!