Ygor Lutz

EECOLOR

Mar 12, 2015, 7:06:18 PM3/12/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
I'm getting these e-mails from Ygor Lutz with the following subjects:

  • Moving from prototype to production?
  • Are incompatibilities bogging you down?
  • Do you need more predictable maintenance?
Is he working for typesafe?

Is there a reason he sends e-mail but does not respond?

Erik

Adriaan Moors

Mar 12, 2015, 7:22:15 PM3/12/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Yes, he works for Typesafe. I've reached out to him to see what's going on. You probably signed up for marketing emails from us, is my guess. I'm sure there will be no problem getting you unsubscribed.

Som Snytt

Mar 13, 2015, 12:48:09 AM3/13/15
to scala-internals
If I needed a github handle today, I think I would pick "Ygor Lutz".

I also get the promotional material, which includes an unsubscribe link.

I wanted info for my colleague; so I also receive Sonatype email; I call that taking one for the team.

The other day, we shared a laugh about how that is not even close to what bogs me down. (Re: Are incompatibilities bogging you down?)

For some reason, I assumed Mr Jenkins was behind the email. Isn't he behind everything?

EECOLOR

Mar 13, 2015, 3:26:08 AM3/13/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
You probably signed up for marketing emails from us

It's not very good marketing if you send the same mail a few times. It's even worse marketing when 'potential customers' respond and nothing happens (well, apart from getting the same e-mail).

I'm sure there will be no problem getting you unsubscribed.

It's not about getting the emails. If I wanted it to stop I could try clicking the unsubscribe link. If that doesn't help I would contact you guys via another channel. It's that there was no response 2 times that got me thinking when I got the email the 3rd time.

I'm just trying to help you by giving you the signal that something might be wrong and that this type of marketing hurts more than it helps.

Yes, he works for Typesafe

I'll wait for a response from Ygor, it's good to know it's not spam.

Erik

Adriaan Moors

Mar 13, 2015, 4:00:02 AM3/13/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com

I'm just trying to help you by giving you the signal that something might be wrong and that this type of marketing hurts more than it helps.
I appreciate it. Sorry about the inconvenience!