2.12.0-RC1 is extremely nigh!

Adriaan Moors

Sep 1, 2016, 4:53:24 AM9/1/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi all!

I'm happy to report we've almost cleared out the RC1 PR queue. Just a few final tweaks and finishing touches remain. Seth & Stefan are working hard on getting the community build green (very close!), to give the community a nice head start on RC1. Thank you for the preparations you all have been doing on your end during the milestone cycle.

We can't wait to get RC1 in your hands! Once the last few PRs are merged, and the community build progress bar is at 100%, we'll stage the release and update you here. I hope we'll have some staged artifacts for you to check out early next week.

In the mean time, check out the PRs destined for the release notes for a reminder/sneak preview of all the good stuff coming in 2.12!

cheers
adriaan

Adriaan Moors

Sep 6, 2016, 4:41:34 PM9/6/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Psst! 2.12.0-RC1 is on its way to Maven as I write this!

We'll have the full announcement out in a couple of days -- hopefully with a great list of community projects that are already published against RC1, so that users that have a non-empty dependency list can actually try the release (and not just those that say NIH ;-))

Thank you for your patience as we went into lockdown mode for this release. We know there are plenty of PRs waiting for 2.11.9 and 2.12.1, and will give those the proper attention soon!

cheers
adriaan

Adriaan Moors

Sep 6, 2016, 4:47:22 PM9/6/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
PS: If you can't wait for it to get to maven central -- sonatype has the premiere: https://oss.sonatype.org/content/repositories/releases/ :-)

Sébastien Doeraene

Sep 6, 2016, 5:45:51 PM9/6/16
to scala-internals
And... Scala.js 0.6.12 for Scala 2.12.0-RC1 is on its way to Maven!

Earlier versions of Scala.js will not work with 2.12.0-RC1. Don't ask me to publish them ;-)

Cheers,
Sébastien

Eugene Burmako

Sep 7, 2016, 10:07:05 AM9/7/16
to <scala-internals@googlegroups.com>
Congrats everyone!

I've adapted macro paradise to the changes in Namers.scala in 2.12.0-RC1. When scalacheck and scalatest for RC1 are available, I should be able to release paradise.

Cheers,
Eugène

Adriaan Moors

Sep 7, 2016, 10:39:36 AM9/7/16
to <scala-internals@googlegroups.com>
Thanks Sébastien & Eugene!

All, if you have trouble building your project with RC1 don't hesitate to let us know.

Christopher Davenport

Sep 7, 2016, 12:14:25 PM9/7/16
to <scala-internals@googlegroups.com>
Great Job Everyone, really loving 2.12! While I do not run any very large projects that are in wide use, I wanted to publish so I can do my part making libraries available for testing.

edu.eckerd google-api-scala 0.1.0 for Scala 2.12.0-RC1 is on its way to Maven.

Adriaan Moors

Sep 7, 2016, 12:25:00 PM9/7/16
to <scala-internals@googlegroups.com>
Thanks, Christopher!

Eugene Burmako

Sep 8, 2016, 11:43:00 AM9/8/16
to scala-internals

Kenji Yoshida

Sep 8, 2016, 10:54:47 PM9/8/16
to scala-internals
Hi all.

I just reported Possible Regression https://issues.scala-lang.org/browse/SI-9918

Adriaan Moors

Sep 9, 2016, 2:27:00 AM9/9/16
to scala-internals
Thanks! Will work on this today. Sounds like it's in the same category but a slightly different variation of the issue in scala-refactoring.