[admin] Would like to contribute, Is help needed? If so where to start?

Eran Medan

Mar 20, 2015, 8:11:30 AM3/20/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi Scala Internals...
This is my first time posting here so please be gentle.
I read scala-lang.org/contribute briefly, and I pretty much understood that you should post here if you'd like to help. I hope I didn't ready it too briefly :)

So, should I just pick up a community issue, try to fix it and do a pull request based on this guide? http://scala-lang.org/contribute/guide.html
Or is there another list of "stuff newbie / wannabe contributors can do" list that one of you manage? is there an EPFL / TypeSafe lead that I should ask "what should I work on next?" or is it pretty much each one on their own and there are more people wiling to help than bugs to fix?

Thanks!
Eran

Adriaan Moors

Mar 20, 2015, 8:45:12 PM3/20/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi Eran,

Welcome! We're happy for you to pick up whatever interests you! We try to use the community label on issues.scala-lang.org to collect issues we'd like to see addressed but that we don't have time for right now.

The guide mostly says to ask here first so we can provide some feedback on the complexity of the issue or whether it conflicts with the roadmap etc.

Did you have any specific areas in mind that you'd like to work on?

cheers
Adriaan