CFP ML 2015

Adriaan Moors

Mar 2, 2015, 1:32:15 PM3/2/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Please consider sending your research/experience/demo/position paper on Scala (or any other ML cousin) to the ML workshop (collocated with ICFP) by May 18, and present your ideas on Sep 3 in Vancouver, eh!

cheers
adriaan

From the CFP:

The ML 2015 workshop will continue the informal approach used since
2010. Presentations are selected from submitted abstracts. There are no
published proceedings, so contributions may be submitted for publication
elsewhere. We hope that this format will encourage the presentation of
exciting (if unpolished) research and deliver a lively workshop atmosphere.

Submissions should be at most two pages, in PDF format, and printable on US
Letter or A4 sized paper.

We acknowledge the whole breadth of the ML family and aim to include
languages that are closely related (although not by blood), such as Rust,
ATS, Scala, and Typed Clojure. Those languages have implemented and
investigated run-time and type system choices that may be worth considering
for OCaml, F# and other ML languages. We also hope that the exposure to the
state of the art ML might favourably influence those related
languages. Specifically, we seek research presentations on topics including
(but not limited to)
  • Language design: abstraction, higher forms of polymorphism, concurrency, distribution and mobility, staging, extensions for semi-structured data, generic programming, object systems, etc.
  • Implementation: compilers, interpreters, type checkers, partial evaluators, runtime systems, garbage collectors, foreign function interfaces, etc.
  • Type systems: inference, effects, modules, contracts, specifications and assertions, dynamic typing, error reporting, etc.
  • Applications: case studies, experience reports, pearls, etc.
  • Environments: libraries, tools, editors, debuggers, cross-language interoperability, functional data structures, etc.
  • Semantics: operational and denotational semantics, program equivalence, parametricity, mechanization, etc.