debugging into the scala-library project in Eclipse

Performant Data LLC

Oct 7, 2015, 10:18:10 PM10/7/15
to scala-internals
I finally have an Eclipse configuration that's building without errors.

But now, when trying to step into a scala-library class from the test-junit project, it doesn't enter those methods. Control-click on scala-library method names also doesn't navigate into them. It's as if Eclipse doesn't recognize the scala-library code as being on the classpath.

I also find it odd that the Scala library container is in the classpath of scala-library. I think that its presence may be hiding the project classes. But removing it leads to an error "Unable to find a scala library. Please add the scala container or a scala library jar to the build path."

Does anyone have this working? How does the IntelliJ configuration deal with this?

Simon Schäfer

Oct 8, 2015, 10:00:31 AM10/8/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com

On 10/08/2015 04:18 AM, Performant Data LLC wrote:
I finally have an Eclipse configuration that's building without errors.

But now, when trying to step into a scala-library class from the test-junit project, it doesn't enter those methods. Control-click on scala-library method names also doesn't navigate into them. It's as if Eclipse doesn't recognize the scala-library code as being on the classpath.

I also find it odd that the Scala library container is in the classpath of scala-library. I think that its presence may be hiding the project classes. But removing it leads to an error "Unable to find a scala library. Please add the scala container or a scala library jar to the build path."
Indeed, I can confirm it doesn't work. It looks like a bug in Scala IDE. Let me think about how to solve it.

Does anyone have this working? How does the IntelliJ configuration deal with this?

Performant Data LLC

Oct 9, 2015, 2:04:07 PM10/9/15
to scala-internals
Simon Schäfer wrote:
Indeed, I can confirm it doesn't work. It looks like a bug in Scala IDE. Let me think about how to solve it.

Is this bug being discussed somewhere (else)?

Simon Schäfer

Oct 10, 2015, 6:36:16 AM10/10/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com