Pausing Timeouts with Async Debugger?

Daniel Toone

Jan 5, 2016, 3:37:37 PM1/5/16
to Scala IDE User
Is there any way to pause a Timeout when hitting a breakpoint with the Async debugger? I've always ended up using some sort of hacky source changes whenever I need inspect something.

Simon Schäfer

Jan 5, 2016, 4:03:29 PM1/5/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com

On 05.01.2016 19:11, Daniel Toone wrote:
Is there any way to pause a Timeout when hitting a breakpoint with the Async debugger? I've always ended up using some sort of hacky source changes whenever I need inspect something.
I don't understand the question. What do you mean by "pause a Timeout"?

iulian dragos

Jan 11, 2016, 6:15:53 AM1/11/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Daniel Toone <daniel...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there any way to pause a Timeout when hitting a breakpoint with the Async debugger? I've always ended up using some sort of hacky source changes whenever I need inspect something.

Currently, no... but it's a very good suggestion. Some way to "stop the time" while the system is stopped at a breakpoint, so that all other timeouts (futures awaiting, etc.) don't expire when you resume execution. This might need to be very specific to Akka, but I think it should be possible.

iulian

« Je déteste la montagne, ça cache le paysage »
Alphonse Allais