Scala IDE 4.4.1-vfinal is out!

Scala IDE

May 5, 2016, 10:11:54 AM5/5/16
to scala-ide-dev Dev, scala-i...@googlegroups.com, scala-tools, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
We just released Scala IDE 4.4.1.

As usual, this release can be consumed both from the regular update sites, and as a standalone Eclipse distribution.

This release contains a few bug fixes and one new feature: organize imports on class and method level.

Read all the details in our release notes or consult the changelog for a detailed list of changes.

The Scala IDE team

Nils Kilden-Pedersen

May 5, 2016, 1:53:05 PM5/5/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com, scala-ide-dev Dev, scala-tools, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Scala IDE <eclipse....@gmail.com> wrote:
We just released Scala IDE 4.4.1.

As usual, this release can be consumed both from the regular update sites, and as a standalone Eclipse distribution.

I'm not getting anything when updating Eclipse. Checking the update site, it appears to get redirected and Access Denied error, specifically:

This release contains a few bug fixes and one new feature: organize imports on class and method level.

Read all the details in our release notes or consult the changelog for a detailed list of changes.

The Scala IDE team

Clint Gilbert

May 5, 2016, 1:58:27 PM5/5/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Same here, but I might be using the dev/milestone update site.

On 05/05/2016 01:52 PM, Nils Kilden-Pedersen wrote:
> On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Scala IDE <eclipse....@gmail.com
> <mailto:eclipse....@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> We just released Scala IDE 4.4.1.
>
> As usual, this release can be consumed both from the regular update
> sites <http://scala-ide.org/download/current.html>, and as a
> standalone Eclipse distribution
> <http://scala-ide.org/download/sdk.html>.
>

> I'm not getting anything when updating Eclipse. Checking the update
> site, it appears to get redirected and Access Denied error, specifically:
>
> http://download.scala-ide.org/sdk/lithium/e44/scala211/stable/site
>

> This release contains a few bug fixes and one new feature: organize
> imports on class and method level.
>
> Read all the details in our release notes
> <http://scala-ide.org/blog/release-notes-4.4.1-vfinal.html>
> or consult the changelog
> <http://scala-ide.org/docs/changelog.html> for a detailed list of
> changes.
>
> The Scala IDE team
>
> --
>

> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/scala-ide-user/CABDULvUp88Wkz8cykDPTBTtBsmD%3DFbCGdbGW-qWz6xXdRu7%2BLQ%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/scala-ide-user/CABDULvUp88Wkz8cykDPTBTtBsmD%3DFbCGdbGW-qWz6xXdRu7%2BLQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

signature.asc

Simon Schäfer

May 5, 2016, 2:27:02 PM5/5/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com

On 05/05/2016 07:52 PM, Nils Kilden-Pedersen wrote:
On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Scala IDE <eclipse....@gmail.com> wrote:
We just released Scala IDE 4.4.1.

As usual, this release can be consumed both from the regular update sites, and as a standalone Eclipse distribution.

I'm not getting anything when updating Eclipse. Checking the update site, it appears to get redirected and Access Denied error, specifically:

Yes, the browser won't show you anything at this URL. But Eclipse should find the content. Can you please verify that the URL above is the one that is used by Eclipse?

This release contains a few bug fixes and one new feature: organize imports on class and method level.

Read all the details in our release notes or consult the changelog for a detailed list of changes.

The Scala IDE team

Nils Kilden-Pedersen

May 5, 2016, 3:55:23 PM5/5/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Simon Schäfer <ma...@antoras.de> wrote:

On 05/05/2016 07:52 PM, Nils Kilden-Pedersen wrote:
On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Scala IDE <eclipse....@gmail.com> wrote:
We just released Scala IDE 4.4.1.

As usual, this release can be consumed both from the regular update sites, and as a standalone Eclipse distribution.

I'm not getting anything when updating Eclipse. Checking the update site, it appears to get redirected and Access Denied error, specifically:

Yes, the browser won't show you anything at this URL. But Eclipse should find the content. Can you please verify that the URL above is the one that is used by Eclipse?

It is.

But why is access to the site.xml file blocked? I assume it's checking some HTTP header, but why?

This release contains a few bug fixes and one new feature: organize imports on class and method level.

Read all the details in our release notes or consult the changelog for a detailed list of changes.

The Scala IDE team

Simon Schäfer

May 5, 2016, 7:01:06 PM5/5/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com

On 05/05/2016 09:54 PM, Nils Kilden-Pedersen wrote:
On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 1:27 PM, Simon Schäfer <ma...@antoras.de> wrote:

On 05/05/2016 07:52 PM, Nils Kilden-Pedersen wrote:
On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Scala IDE <eclipse....@gmail.com> wrote:
We just released Scala IDE 4.4.1.

As usual, this release can be consumed both from the regular update sites, and as a standalone Eclipse distribution.

I'm not getting anything when updating Eclipse. Checking the update site, it appears to get redirected and Access Denied error, specifically:

Yes, the browser won't show you anything at this URL. But Eclipse should find the content. Can you please verify that the URL above is the one that is used by Eclipse?

It is.

But why is access to the site.xml file blocked? I assume it's checking some HTTP header, but why?
It isn't blocked, it doesn't exist (we no longer use site.xml directly). Can you access http://download.scala-ide.org/sdk/lithium/e44/scala211/stable/site/p2.index

If you can I wonder why Eclipse doesn't load the content. Eclipse caches the result of update sites. Maybe it fixes itself if you restart Eclipse.

This release contains a few bug fixes and one new feature: organize imports on class and method level.

Read all the details in our release notes or consult the changelog for a detailed list of changes.

The Scala IDE team

Clint Gilbert

May 5, 2016, 7:20:49 PM5/5/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
I'm running the ScalaIDE bundled Eclipse from scala-ide.org. Help ->
'About Scala IDE' says

> Build id: 4.4.0-rc1-2016-03-05T09:44:35Z-Typesafe

The splash screen says 'Mars.2', and I'm running on the latest Java 8 on
Ubuntu 14.04, if it matters.

When I try to upgrade via the update site in the quoted email, I see
this error:

> An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
> session context was:(profile=SDKProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
> No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.nebula.widgets.tablecombo,1.0.0.201603302103
> No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.scala-ide.sbt.compiler.interface,0.13.8.v-201604010956-ff530d2
> No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.scala-ide.sbt.compiler.interface.source,0.13.8.v-201604010956-ff530d2
> No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.scala-ide.sbt.full.library,0.13.8.v-2_11-201604010956-ff530d2
> No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.scala-ide.scala210.jars,4.4.0.201604010956
> No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.scala-ide.sdt.aspects,4.4.0.v-2_11-201604010957-ff530d2
> No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.scala-ide.sdt.core,4.4.0.v-2_11-201604010957-ff530d2
> No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.scala-ide.sdt.debug,4.4.0.v-2_11-201604010957-ff530d2
> No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.scala-ide.sdt.debug.expression,4.4.0.v-2_11-201604010957-ff530d2
> No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.scala.tools.eclipse.search,0.3.0.v-2_11-201604011013-e33fd2c
> No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,org.scala-ide.sbt.feature,4.4.0.201604010956
> No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,org.scala-ide.scala211.feature,4.4.0.201604010956
> No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,org.scala-ide.sdt.feature,4.4.0.v-2_11-201604010957-ff530d2
> No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,org.scala-ide.sdt.weaving.feature,4.4.0.v-2_11-201604010957-ff530d2
> No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.scala-refactoring.library,0.9.1.2_11-201604011101-08302b3
> No repository found containing: org.eclipse.update.feature,org.scala.tools.eclipse.search.feature,0.3.0.v-2_11-201604011013-e33fd2c

Am I doing something wrong?

On 05/05/2016 10:11 AM, Scala IDE wrote:
> We just released Scala IDE 4.4.1.
>
> As usual, this release can be consumed both from the regular update
> sites <http://scala-ide.org/download/current.html>, and as a standalone
> Eclipse distribution <http://scala-ide.org/download/sdk.html>.
>
> This release contains a few bug fixes and one new feature: organize
> imports on class and method level.
>
> Read all the details in our release notes
> <http://scala-ide.org/blog/release-notes-4.4.1-vfinal.html> or consult
> the changelog <http://scala-ide.org/docs/changelog.html> for a detailed
> list of changes.
>
> The Scala IDE team
>
> --
signature.asc

Clint Gilbert

May 5, 2016, 7:20:54 PM5/5/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
> We just released Scala IDE 4.4.1.
>
> As usual, this release can be consumed both from the regular update
> sites <http://scala-ide.org/download/current.html>, and as a standalone
> Eclipse distribution <http://scala-ide.org/download/sdk.html>.
>
> This release contains a few bug fixes and one new feature: organize
> imports on class and method level.
>
> Read all the details in our release notes
> <http://scala-ide.org/blog/release-notes-4.4.1-vfinal.html> or consult
> the changelog <http://scala-ide.org/docs/changelog.html> for a detailed
> list of changes.
>
> The Scala IDE team

signature.asc

Simon Schäfer

May 6, 2016, 6:37:42 AM5/6/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com

On 05/06/2016 01:20 AM, Clint Gilbert wrote:
> I'm running the ScalaIDE bundled Eclipse from scala-ide.org. Help ->
> 'About Scala IDE' says
>
>> Build id: 4.4.0-rc1-2016-03-05T09:44:35Z-Typesafe
> The splash screen says 'Mars.2', and I'm running on the latest Java 8 on
> Ubuntu 14.04, if it matters.
>
> When I try to upgrade via the update site in the quoted email, I see
> this error:
Everything works on our site. Eclipse caches update sites until a
restart of the platform. Maybe this led to a problem for you. After a
fresh start of Eclipse, does the error remain?

Clint Gilbert

May 6, 2016, 11:23:54 AM5/6/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Sadly, yes.
--

signature.asc

Nils Kilden-Pedersen

May 6, 2016, 12:32:37 PM5/6/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 6:01 PM, Simon Schäfer <ma...@antoras.de> wrote:

[...]

Restart seems to have fixed it.

BTW, I've been installing Scala Search since forever, but I've never actually used it. And it's not immediately clear to me how to access it. The Search icon dropdown gives me 1 File Search, 2 Git Search, 3 Java Search, 4 Plug-in Search. The Scala menu option gives me nothing, and right clicking on a Scala project and choosing the Scala menu item doesn't reveal anything either. There's no View either. Sooooo.... where is it? :-)

wpopie...@virtuslab.com

May 9, 2016, 3:41:23 AM5/9/16
to Scala IDE User
Hello Nils

Scala-search is available in context menu when you right click on some token (so word in scala editor). There is a session in the middle of context menu with elements: Show Type, Open Implicit, Find occurrences and Open Type Hierarchy. So I think all of them uses Scala Search.

Nils Kilden-Pedersen

May 10, 2016, 11:12:09 AM5/10/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 2:41 AM, <wpopie...@virtuslab.com> wrote:
Hello Nils

Scala-search is available in context menu when you right click on some token (so word in scala editor). There is a session in the middle of context menu with elements: Show Type, Open Implicit, Find occurrences and Open Type Hierarchy. So I think all of them uses Scala Search.

Ok, thanks.

Unfortunately, Type Hierarchy does not appear to capture anonymous classes. And Find Occurrences is not yet implemented :-(

wpopie...@virtuslab.com

May 11, 2016, 3:17:24 AM5/11/16
to Scala IDE User
Well, Find Occurrences works for def and val. It needs implementation for classes and objects. So looks like work is waiting on next challenger :). Seriously, I try to look at it to see how much work it needs. Classes are probably little bit difficult because you need to know if you look for constructor or just references.

W.

iulian dragos

May 14, 2016, 12:10:16 AM5/14/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
On Wed, May 11, 2016 at 1:47 PM, <wpopie...@virtuslab.com> wrote:
Well, Find Occurrences works for def and val. It needs implementation for classes and objects. So looks like work is waiting on next challenger :). Seriously, I try to look at it to see how much work it needs. Classes are probably little bit difficult because you need to know if you look for constructor or just references.

I don't think it should be too hard. In fact, in the compiler they are treated pretty much similarly (symbols in all cases), so this distinction seems arbitrary to me.

iulian

« Je déteste la montagne, ça cache le paysage »
Alphonse Allais

iulian dragos

May 14, 2016, 12:10:57 AM5/14/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, May 10, 2016 at 9:41 PM, Nils Kilden-Pedersen <nil...@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, May 9, 2016 at 2:41 AM, <wpopie...@virtuslab.com> wrote:
Hello Nils

Scala-search is available in context menu when you right click on some token (so word in scala editor). There is a session in the middle of context menu with elements: Show Type, Open Implicit, Find occurrences and Open Type Hierarchy. So I think all of them uses Scala Search.

Ok, thanks.

Unfortunately, Type Hierarchy does not appear to capture anonymous classes.

It would be good to have a ticket for it.

wpopie...@virtuslab.com

May 16, 2016, 3:22:18 AM5/16/16
to Scala IDE User
Iulian, nice to see you here :)

not sure if it is done arbitrary, class usages need to look at types and because usually they are inferred so just text indexer (lucine) simply sheds them, I guess. I talked to Simon about it and he advices to hold on a while because his Context Search Engine is doing pretty simile job. Maybe would be better to polish it and stamp up as Scala-Search 2.0?

iulian dragos

May 26, 2016, 12:45:10 PM5/26/16
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 2:22 PM, <wpopie...@virtuslab.com> wrote:
Iulian, nice to see you here :)

Thank you :)

not sure if it is done arbitrary, class usages need to look at types and because usually they are inferred so just text indexer (lucine) simply sheds them, I guess. I talked to Simon about it and he advices to hold on a while because his Context Search Engine is doing pretty simile job. Maybe would be better to polish it and stamp up as Scala-Search 2.0?

It would still be useful to have a ticket, not to lose track of it. I guess the uber-tool will solve all problems (by default), but may take a while until it's ready. If anyone is impatient, he or she can pick up the ticket and fix it in Scala Search 1.x (I don't think it's too hard either).

my 2c,
iulian