mark occurrences

已查看 51 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Brian Kent

未读,
2015年2月11日 15:58:502015/2/11
收件人 scala-i...@googlegroups.com

Hello,

I find that Scala IDE's "Mark Occurrences" feature very frequently stops working for me.

Is this a known issue or something specific to my environment?  I am on Mac Yosemite (Build id: 4.0.0-vfinal-20150113-0949-Typesafe).

Thanks!

- Brian

Martynas Mickevičius

未读,
2015年2月17日 09:12:502015/2/17
收件人 scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Do you see anything suspicious in the Scala IDE log? You can open it in Scala -> Open the Log.

Simon Schäfer

未读,
2015年2月17日 09:33:562015/2/17
收件人 scala-i...@googlegroups.com
The only thing I know of is that after startup of a new editor, mark occurrences does not work. You first have to edit something before it starts working. But I have never heard, that it stops in an editor that already has applied some edits. If this is the case for you, you found a new bug.

Brian Kent

未读,
2015年2月17日 11:34:202015/2/17
收件人 scala-i...@googlegroups.com

I have many exceptions and ERROR/WARN messages in the log.  Not sure what (if anything) is related to the mark occurrences feature...

These two messages show up very frequently and seem potentially relevant:

WARN [org.scalaide.ui.internal.reconciliation.ScalaReconciler] - ImplicitHighlightingPresenter - Timeout while waiting for `askLoadedTyped` during semantic highlighting.

ERROR [Text Viewer Hover Presenter] - IScalaPresentationCompiler$ - Ignoring InterruptException

Nils Kilden-Pedersen

未读,
2015年2月17日 14:10:122015/2/17
On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 8:33 AM, Simon Schäfer <ma...@antoras.de> wrote:

On 11.02.2015 21:58, Brian Kent wrote:

Hello,

I find that Scala IDE's "Mark Occurrences" feature very frequently stops working for me.

Is this a known issue or something specific to my environment?  I am on Mac Yosemite (Build id: 4.0.0-vfinal-20150113-0949-Typesafe).
The only thing I know of is that after startup of a new editor, mark occurrences does not work. You first have to edit something before it starts working. But I have never heard, that it stops in an editor that already has applied some edits. If this is the case for you, you found a new bug.

I sometimes wonder if the IDE devs are working on the same codebase as the rest of us. This has been a consistent bugs for years now and I see it every day. It either stops working or the marking is way off, as in doesn't correspond to the code. I'm currently on 4.0.0.v-2_11-201501121809-027320c and see this daily.

Thanks!

- Brian

Simon Schäfer

未读,
2015年2月17日 15:12:062015/2/17

On 17.02.2015 20:09, Nils Kilden-Pedersen wrote:
[...]

I guess our definitions of "it stops working" are different. I definitely see (or suffer from?) these hiccups (i.e. wrong highlighted regions; existing occurrences which are not found; no occurrences are shown when you select the "wrong" identifier), but none of them are critical enough for me to work on them. There are about ~800 open tickets right now, that is just too much.

Actually, these hiccups mainly come from the compiler. When it doesn't inform the IDE about locations or when the locations are wrong, there is not much we can do. You can report the issue to the compiler team, but they have even more unresolved tickets...

Thanks!

- Brian

Simon Schäfer

未读,
2015年2月17日 15:56:532015/2/17

On 17.02.2015 17:34, Brian Kent wrote:

I have many exceptions and ERROR/WARN messages in the log.  Not sure what (if anything) is related to the mark occurrences feature...

These two messages show up very frequently and seem potentially relevant:

WARN [org.scalaide.ui.internal.reconciliation.ScalaReconciler] - ImplicitHighlightingPresenter - Timeout while waiting for `askLoadedTyped` during semantic highlighting.

ERROR [Text Viewer Hover Presenter] - IScalaPresentationCompiler$ - Ignoring InterruptException

To me it seems that your computer is just too slow or that your code contains too much typelevel stuff which prevents the compiler in completing the request in sufficient time.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 10:58 PM, Brian Kent <brian....@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello,

I find that Scala IDE's "Mark Occurrences" feature very frequently stops working for me.

Is this a known issue or something specific to my environment?  I am on Mac Yosemite (Build id: 4.0.0-vfinal-20150113-0949-Typesafe).

Thanks!

- Brian

Nils Kilden-Pedersen

未读,
2015年2月17日 16:15:382015/2/17
On Tue, Feb 17, 2015 at 2:11 PM, Simon Schäfer <ma...@antoras.de> wrote:

[...]

Ok, good to know that we are seeing the same issues, even if we disagree on what "working" means :-)

, but none of them are critical enough for me to work on them. There are about ~800 open tickets right now, that is just too much.

Actually, these hiccups mainly come from the compiler. When it doesn't inform the IDE about locations or when the locations are wrong, there is not much we can do. You can report the issue to the compiler team, but they have even more unresolved tickets...

Yeah, I figured that it's a resource constraint.

Thanks!

- Brian

Naftoli Gugenheim

未读,
2015年2月23日 23:47:252015/2/23
On Tue Feb 17 2015 at 3:11:03 PM Simon Schäfer <ma...@antoras.de> wrote:

[...]

Oooouch! Maybe Typesafe will consider throwing a lot more manpower at it?

that is just too much.

Actually, these hiccups mainly come from the compiler. When it doesn't inform the IDE about locations or when the locations are wrong, there is not much we can do. You can report the issue to the compiler team, but they have even more unresolved tickets...

Thanks!

- Brian
回复全部
回复作者