Scala Interpreter background color

Horst Rutter

Feb 27, 2015, 11:11:35 AM2/27/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi everybody

I am running the Eclipse Scala IDE plugin 4.0.0 on Luna/MacOS.
The Scala Interpreter View's output has two panes.
The upper pane comes with a grey background.
How can I change this background color?
I am not assuming a hard coded color setting here,
but modifying the background color settings via Eclipse Preferences does not seem to make a difference.

Any help appreciated.
Thanks,
Horst

Simon Schäfer

Som Snytt

Feb 27, 2015, 1:09:01 PM2/27/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com

Horst Rutter

Feb 27, 2015, 4:31:49 PM2/27/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if this is supposed to be a joke.
If the colors of this view are really hardcoded there is undeniably justification for a patch request - only I am too new for this.
As far as user experience all colors used by plugins should blend in with configured eclipse themes as good as possible.
In my case (color theme RETTA) I am ending up with a yellowish font and gray background which is impossible to read.
Of course I can switch back to the default theme and I will survive, but then what's the point of themes..

Simon Schäfer

Mar 3, 2015, 7:01:37 AM3/3/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Would you please open a ticket for this? The scala interpreter built into the ide didn't get updated for a longer time. I guess because not a lot of people are using it, but with some tickets there is a larger chance that someone may work on it.