Scala compiler/installation per project - scala-ide 4.5.0 versus 4.6.0

Koen Daenen

May 19, 2017, 9:07:34 AM5/19/17
to Scala IDE User
I created a fresh Scala project with Scala-IDE 4.6.0-vfinal-2017-05-16T08:49:17Z-Typesafe.
I use 'Set the Scala installation' from the menu and select: 'Fixed Scala Installation: 2.10.6 (bundle)',
which sets the scala compiler and related jar dependencies on 2.10.6.
I close the project.
I open Scala-IDE 4.5.0-vfinal-2016-12-13T10:59:29Z-Typesafe (using another workspace folder).
I import the project created as described above.
I tells me that the Scala Library container is 2.11.8.
Where is this setting stored? And is it Scala-IDE version dependent?

How do I specify the scala compiler/lib container per project consistently?

Ideally, I want to set the scalaVersion per project in sbt, and use sbteclipse to generate my eclipse project meta files.
It is not clear for me with which versions of scala-ide, the output of sbteclipse 5.1.0 is compatible with.

I've no specific requirement to use a BYO scala version in eclipse, but I do want to control which of scala version bundled
with Scala-IDE is used per project.