Scala IDE - Eclipse Neon support

Ivica Loncar

Jun 24, 2016, 6:12:16 AM6/24/16
to Scala IDE User

Hi,

Thanks for the great work you do. When do you plan to release next version of Scala IDE with Eclipse Neon (4.6) support?

Simon Schäfer

Jun 24, 2016, 6:31:13 AM6/24/16
to scala-ide-user

---- On Fri, 24 Jun 2016 11:35:46 +0200 Ivica Loncar <ivica....@gmail.com>wrote ----

Hi,

Thanks for the great work you do. When do you plan to release next version of Scala IDE with Eclipse Neon (4.6) support?

I'm busy right now to make our codebase compatible with Neon. Looks good so far. Nightly builds will probably be available within the next days. However, if you don't need the prebuilt SDK, you can already install the latest final version of Scala IDE in Neon.

Kamil

Jun 29, 2016, 7:17:41 AM6/29/16
to Scala IDE User
Neither ScalaIDE version 4.4.1 from this update site

nor 4.5 from this:

doesn't work properly with neon :(
same with Play2 support and Scala Worksheet

Simon Schäfer

Jun 29, 2016, 8:44:49 AM6/29/16
to scala-ide-user

---- On Wed, 29 Jun 2016 02:43:52 +0200 Kamil <eximi...@gmail.com>wrote ----

What do you mean by they don't work properly? What exactly doesn't work?

Kamil

Jul 4, 2016, 6:16:25 AM7/4/16
to Scala IDE User

What do you mean by they don't work properly? What exactly doesn't work?

1)

2)

3)
Auto Generated Inline Image 1
Auto Generated Inline Image 2
Auto Generated Inline Image 3

Ronald Steinhau

Jul 5, 2016, 9:20:35 AM7/5/16
to Scala IDE User
Hi,
I am using Neon with the nightly Scala IDE since 2 weeks (since the final Neon version) and have no problems, yet. I have earlier posted a problem with Neon (milestones) here, but this seems to be resolved now with the final version of Neon and the current Scala IDE nightly build. I am not aware if the problem was with Neon or with Scala IDE, but at least now it works.
Ronald

Simon Schäfer

Jul 5, 2016, 9:46:32 AM7/5/16
to scala-ide-user

---- On Tue, 05 Jul 2016 15:20:35 +0200 'Ronald Steinhau' via Scala IDE User <scala-i...@googlegroups.com>wrote ----

Hi,
I am using Neon with the nightly Scala IDE since 2 weeks (since the final Neon version) and have no problems, yet. I have earlier posted a problem with Neon (milestones) here, but this seems to be resolved now with the final version of Neon and the current Scala IDE nightly build. I am not aware if the problem was with Neon or with Scala IDE, but at least now it works.

Good to hear that everything works fine.
Ronald

On Friday, June 24, 2016 at 12:12:16 PM UTC+2, Ivica Loncar wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the great work you do. When do you plan to release next version of Scala IDE with Eclipse Neon (4.6) support?

Simon Schäfer

Jul 5, 2016, 9:49:57 AM7/5/16
to scala-ide-user
Ok, this looks like an installation problem. Would you please remove Scala IDE and then reinstall it in Eclipse (right now it looks like it has already been removed but no new version has been installed)?

---- On Mon, 04 Jul 2016 12:16:24 +0200 Kamil <eximi...@gmail.com>wrote ----

virtualeyes

Jul 9, 2016, 10:27:01 AM7/9/16
to Scala IDE User
No issues so far with Neon and Scala IDE

Gtk 3.20, however, yikes, should have waited another month or so before upgrading to Fedora 24 ;-)