debugger problem scala (+play framework) v4.2 final ... workaround ?

François Gilbert

Nov 11, 2015, 2:30:26 AM11/11/15
to Scala IDE User
screenshot.png

wpopie...@virtuslab.com

Nov 12, 2015, 4:18:05 AM11/12/15
to Scala IDE User
Hello,
choose 'Scala JUnit (new debugger) Launcher in place of Eclipse JUnit Launcher on Debug Configurations.. (Test tab) please (it is located at a bottom of this popup, look for 'Select other' link). It is designed to work with Scala apps.

Regards,
Wieslaw

François Gilbert

Nov 13, 2015, 1:58:27 AM11/13/15
to Scala IDE User
Thanks for the help Wieslaw ! but i try to debug via a remote connection to the JVM.
I think i've found the trick, it is needed to select the appropriate Scala debugger in "connection type" on the "connect" tab (see screenshot attached).

Sadly, after different tests, the result is very slow/buggy ... unusable :/ (i've got a powerful macbook pro 15"/16GB Ram so the problem cannot come from my machine.)

Hope it will be better on the next release.
screenshot.png

wpopie...@virtuslab.com

Nov 13, 2015, 3:25:02 AM11/13/15
to Scala IDE User
Hello,
just a question, did you choose Scala Remote Launcher too?

iulian dragos

Nov 13, 2015, 9:06:05 AM11/13/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
What exactly is slow and buggy? I use it every day and can't complain. Sure, it could have more features, but generally works well.

I've said this many times, but please file tickets, or at least describe your problems. They can't be fixed otherwise.

iulian

Hope it will be better on the next release.

« Je déteste la montagne, ça cache le paysage »
Alphonse Allais

François Gilbert

Nov 17, 2015, 10:08:30 AM11/17/15
to Scala IDE User
Thanks for the help, good to know that the scala debugger works well for you, will try again then.

About filling tickets and describing problem : there is nothing more to describe ! i'm a dev too and i know what's like to have "does not work" bug but i just created a new scala debugger ( socket listen & socket attach both tested) and a simple scala controller in play 2.4 & go !
The problem must be on my side ... I will check again. Good to know that you have no problem with it.

François Gilbert

Nov 17, 2015, 10:11:50 AM11/17/15
to Scala IDE User
By the way, Iulian,
Which one do you use, socket listen or socket attach ?