Scala nature for Play project

Richard Rodseth

Feb 16, 2015, 10:13:37 PM2/16/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
I just started using Play, and while it's nice that compilation errors are shown on the web page, I want syntax checking in the IDE.

But I didn't see any option in the context menu of the project to add the Scala nature.

Just
Configure -> Convert to JavaScript Project
Configure -> Convert to Plug-In Project

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance
Richard

iulian dragos

Feb 17, 2015, 5:05:49 AM2/17/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
This should be done already if you exported the project from Play using the `eclipse` command. However, due to historical reasons (i.e., no good reason), the "Add Scala nature" is in the contextual menu under "Scala", not "Configure". Of course, this assumes the Scala IDE plugin is properly installed. Do you have a Scala perspective?

« Je déteste la montagne, ça cache le paysage »
Alphonse Allais

Richard Rodseth

Feb 17, 2015, 10:47:12 AM2/17/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
I do have a Scala perspective and have been developing and debugging non-Play projects. This project was created by someone else and I imported it (probably using Import Existing Maven Project). My Configure menu does not have Scala.

Simon Schäfer

Feb 17, 2015, 4:03:51 PM2/17/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com

On 17.02.2015 16:47, Richard Rodseth wrote:
I do have a Scala perspective and have been developing and debugging non-Play projects. This project was created by someone else and I imported it (probably using Import Existing Maven Project). My Configure menu does not have Scala.
As Iulian said, it is not part of the configure menu, but of the Scala menu (right click on project > Scala > Add Scala nature).

Richard Rodseth

Feb 17, 2015, 10:11:07 PM2/17/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Thank you. At the time I wrote, I don't believe that Scala menu was there.
I re-ran Activator eclipse (which was how my colleague told me he created the project) and it's there now.