Installation fails for v 4.7.1 RC3 at Fedora 27

Israel Zúñiga de la Mora

Mar 1, 2018, 2:35:55 AM3/1/18
to Scala IDE User
Hello!
After a fresh installation of Fedora Linux 27, I am trying to install this RC of Scala IDE (I am choosing this edge version because the Apache Spark support). Sadly, after adding the URL for the software location and choosing the packages for installation, I am having the next message:

"An error occurred while collecting items to be installed
session context was:(profile=SDKProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Collect, operand=, action=).
No repository found containing: osgi.bundle,org.fedoraproject.abrt,0.0.2.201707260714"

I think it is pretty obvious there is not a repo for my distro and Scala IDE version. But, is there a workaround available for this situation?

Any thoughts will be considered.

Thanks!

Israel Zúñiga.

==
Fedora Linux 27

Eclipse Platform;
Version: Oxygen.2 (4.7.2)
Build id: X20171217-1450

Clint Gilbert

Mar 1, 2018, 9:30:45 AM3/1/18
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Are you trying to install ScalaIDE in an existing Eclipse install? If
so, did you install Eclipse using your OS's package manager? If so, I
recommend against that - package managers often get JVM apps wrong, or
install something way out of date. Unzipping a tarball to install
Eclipse usually works better.
> --
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/scala-ide-user/cbbd0559-7025-4c8b-a476-f8f25d5c9684%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/scala-ide-user/cbbd0559-7025-4c8b-a476-f8f25d5c9684%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.