Scala Worksheet does not always work

Brenn Kucey

May 18, 2016, 3:38:42 AM5/18/16
to Scala IDE User
My worksheets don't run all the time.  When the worksheet does run, I can try to run the exact same worksheet again, and it doesn't work.  I keep the
println("Welcome to the Scala worksheet")

at the top, and it may run and not run the other expressions.  I have started to put the bulk of my code into an object, and then call the object from within the worksheet, and that seems to increase the likelihood of expression evaluation.

Attached: the same file saved at two different times.  The first one worked, the later one didn't.

Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
Scala IDE version:
        4.4.0.v-2_11-201604010957-ff530d2
Scala compiler version:
        2.11.8
Scala library version:
        2.11.8
Eclipse version:
        4.4.2.v20150204-1700
Class loader store: 1 entries
        Compiler v. 2.11.8
Screenshot from 2016-05-17 17:59:36.png
Screenshot from 2016-05-17 18:00:45.png

wpopie...@virtuslab.com

May 18, 2016, 4:12:04 AM5/18/16
to Scala IDE User
Hello Brenn,
are you sure that the second is not running. I see asterisk on the tab so it is not saved I guess.

W.

anonygrits

Jun 7, 2016, 2:03:57 AM6/7/16
to Scala IDE User
I've noticed the same thing. I just recently updated to the 4.4.1 build, and the worksheets seem more unstable than the older version I had (I don't remember which one.)

Sometimes it evaluates, and sometimes it doesn't. It's not totally awful, but it's definitely annoying.

thuff

Dec 10, 2016, 11:38:00 AM12/10/16
to Scala IDE User
Brenn did you ever get a solution to this problem?

wpopie...@virtuslab.com

Dec 12, 2016, 4:01:41 AM12/12/16
to Scala IDE User
Well, problem is that we are short in resource and any help is welcome, so this is the reason why Scala Worksheet is low in priority. We try to look at the problem especially it exists from 4.4.0 but it take a time.

Sorry for inconvenience
W.