Error marker when using Scala code from Java

Dan Gravell

Feb 22, 2017, 7:47:47 AM2/22/17
to Scala IDE User
I realise this might not be a problem with the Scala IDE, but wondered if others have had the same issue and had a fix...

When I reference Scala objects (singleton objects) I seem to get an error marker in the Java editor, but no compilation error:

When the marker is hovered over it says:

The method toInstance(QueryModifier) in the type LinkedBindingBuilder<QueryModifier> is not applicable for the arguments (IdentityQueryModifier$)

(Ignore the Guice bind/toInstance api, the point is this appears to show up for all Java use of objects).

As I said, the class builds fine. It's just a bit messy so I'd rather get rid of it. Anyone else suffer from this?

Dan