scala-maven-plugin continuious build

David Daniel

Nov 11, 2015, 9:44:49 AM11/11/15
to Scala IDE User
For continuous build in maven with my java-osgi projects I use http://takari.io/book/40-lifecycle.html  They are the primary maintainers of maven in eclipse and offer m2e plugins to get their continous build lifecycle within eclipse.  I was wondering what kind of effort you thought would be involved in getting zinc and the scala-maven-plugin to work with their incremental build lifecycle.  I can see some obvious things like it would be nice to integrate the built classes with the jdt compiler to that full builds would not need to be done as much and it would be nice to have zinc downloaded and started as a maven extension http://takari.io/2015/03/19/core-extensions.html  I think some tests would need to be created using their plugin testing tool http://takari.io/book/70-testing.html to make sure that things are integrating in the incremental build correctly.  I am pretty unfamiliar with all the components though from zinc to maven.  For those more familiar do you see any glaring road blocks in getting the three things integrated.  How much of an effort do you think this integration would take.  Is it like a 1 weekend thing for someone pretty familiar with java or is it kiss all weekends for the next couple months good bye.

Thanks for any advise,
  David Daniel