Scala IDE 4.1.0 crashes at startup

Olivier Georg

May 27, 2015, 10:07:47 AM5/27/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have just downloaded ScalaIDE 4.1, unzipped it, and at startup (after asking for a workspace the first time) it always crahes with a EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.

I use Windows XP

crash log joined

Thanks

Olivier Georg
hs_err_pid10076.log

Simon Schäfer

May 27, 2015, 10:28:51 AM5/27/15
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com

On 05/27/2015 04:03 PM, Olivier Georg wrote:
Hi,

I have just downloaded ScalaIDE 4.1, unzipped it, and at startup (after asking for a workspace the first time) it always crahes with a EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION.
This is a JVM crash, I don't think this is Scala IDEs fault. Maybe the JVM does not have enough resources. You could try to increase them as mentioned here: http://scala-ide.org/docs/current-user-doc/faq/index.html#I_am_running_out_of_stack_space_in_Eclipse___How_do_I_increase_the_stack_size_

I use Windows XP

crash log joined

Thanks

Olivier Georg