Scala IDE 4.2.0-vfinal is out!

Scala IDE

Sep 28, 2015, 6:12:59 PM9/28/15
to scala-ide-dev Dev, scala-i...@googlegroups.com, scala-tools, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
We just released the final version of Scala IDE 4.2!

This release can be consumed both from the regular update sites, and as a standalone Eclipse distribution.

Highlights:

- Auto Edits
- Async Debugger
- Scala 2.12 support
- Configurable Scopes Building
- Improved Refactoring Support

Together with this Scala IDE release, there is also a new version of scala-refactoring released, which can be consumed as a standalone library. The library is available for 2.10 and 2.11 under the following artifact ID:

"org.scala-refactoring" %% "org.scala-refactoring.library" % "0.7.0"

Read all the details in our release notes or consult the changelog for a detailed list of changes.

The Scala IDE team

Arnaud

Sep 30, 2015, 11:12:09 AM9/30/15
to Scala IDE User, scala-...@googlegroups.com, scala...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
The enhanced asynchronous file save looks great.
thanks a lot :)

virtualeyes

Sep 30, 2015, 3:55:22 PM9/30/15
to Scala IDE User, scala-...@googlegroups.com, scala...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
Have come to take Scala IDE for granted, it's become so much more stable compared to the early days on Scala 2.9.

Stability is boring, please break something ;-)

Kidding, thanks for the new release!

Simon Ochsenreither

Oct 2, 2015, 9:29:58 AM10/2/15
to Scala IDE Dev, scala-i...@googlegroups.com, scala...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the hard work!

Compared to a while ago, the cases were IDE gives up and one has to restart the presentation compiler have been decreasing a lot!