Scala main thread hanging when using third party lib t4xmlrpc and SCALA IDE

Nyze1984

Sep 16, 2015, 8:41:10 AM9/16/15
to Scala IDE Dev
I am using the t4xmlrpc library for making XML RPC calls in scala. The problem is whenever i make a request the main thread of my app is hanging infinite and does not terminate.

      val endpoint =  new URL(  'THE_URL' );
      val rpcClientConfig
= new XmlRpcConfig( endpoint.getProtocol, endpoint.getHost, endpoint.getPort, endpoint.getPath)
      val rpcClient
= new XmlRpcClient()

      val methodParams
= Map(

"s_login" ->  "XXX",

"s_pw" -> "XXX",

"command" -> "QueryDomainList"

)

      val
params:XmlRpcStruct = new XmlRpcStruct( methodParams.map( (f:(String, String)) => { f._1 -> new XmlRpcString( f._2)  }  ) )
      rpcClient
.request( rpcClientConfig, "Api.xcall", params)

By the way this affect occurs only when i am launching the app from SCALA IDE. Running it via sbt does not produce this behaviour!

Simon Schäfer

Sep 16, 2015, 8:58:05 AM9/16/15
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Can you show us a simple sbt project that reproduces the problem? Beside from that I don't think this is a problem of Scala IDE. If you run in the IDE you normally get a slightly different classpath than the one you get in sbt, maybe this is a problem in your case (for example if you load manually something from some absolute paths you would get problems).