Running from ide as equinox enabled application

Artem Nikiforov

Nov 22, 2014, 4:21:23 PM11/22/14
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I'm on commit 1dfe6b9c9f348f683e07c649f7e9ebedffd86bda
I'm running a build with ./build-all.sh -P scala-2.11.x -P eclipse-kepler clean install -DskipTests
and project builds successfully. Then I can install artifact with "help -> install -> archive" in eclipse and I get working scala-ide.

Right click on sdt.core -> Run as Equinox weaving enabled application. I get this error in the box, when eclipse starts:
"
Errors occurred during the build.
Error instantiating builder 'org.scala-ide.sdt.core.scalabuilder'.
Plug-in org.scala-ide.sdt.core was unable to load class org.scalaide.core.internal.builder.ScalaBuilder.
An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.scala-ide.sdt.core (2111).
Plug-in org.scala-ide.sdt.core was unable to load class org.scalaide.core.internal.builder.ScalaBuilder.
An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.scala-ide.sdt.core (2111).
Error instantiating builder 'org.scala-ide.sdt.core.scalabuilder'.
Plug-in org.scala-ide.sdt.core was unable to load class org.scalaide.core.internal.builder.ScalaBuilder.
An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.scala-ide.sdt.core (2111).
Plug-in org.scala-ide.sdt.core was unable to load class org.scalaide.core.internal.builder.ScalaBuilder.
An error occurred while automatically activating bundle org.scala-ide.sdt.core (2111).
"

Plug-in org.scala-ide.sdt.core was unable to load class org.scalaide.ui.internal.editor.ScalaSourceFileEditor, with detail button. If I click on detail button I see this stacktrace:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Plug-in org.scala-ide.sdt.core was unable to load class org.scalaide.ui.internal.editor.ScalaSourceFileEditor.
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.throwException(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:194)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.osgi.RegistryStrategyOSGI.createExecutableExtension(RegistryStrategyOSGI.java:176)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ExtensionRegistry.createExecutableExtension(ExtensionRegistry.java:905)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.registry.ConfigurationElement.createExecutableExtension(ConfigurationElement.java:243)

Simon Schäfer

Nov 22, 2014, 4:41:38 PM11/22/14
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Open your run configuration and navigate to Plugins tab. What do you have selected in "Launch with"? If it is "x selected below only" and you click on "Validate Plugin-ins" do you get warnings about the org.scala-ide.* plugins? If yes, click on "Add Required Plugins" - that should fix the problem.

Artem Nikiforov

Nov 25, 2014, 12:04:58 PM11/25/14
to scala-...@googlegroups.com

Open your run configuration and navigate to Plugins tab. What do you have selected in "Launch with"? If it is "x selected below only" and you click on "Validate Plugin-ins" do you get warnings about the org.scala-ide.* plugins? If yes, click on "Add Required Plugins" - that should fix the problem.

Thanks for response!
In "Launch with" there was "all workspace and enabled target plug-ins". I've clicked on Validate plug-ins, and got "no problems were detected" dialog.
I've chosen plug-ins selected below only, clicked Validate, "no problem were detected" dialog appeared.

I've checked the checkbox Validate plug-ins automatically prior to launching, launched through "Equinox enabled...", same errors occured.

Simon Schäfer

Nov 25, 2014, 1:26:09 PM11/25/14
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Ok, then I have no further clue what the problem could be (by not seeing your current workspace configuration). Do you have the scala-ide.aspect project imported (that was a problem for someone else)?

Artem Nikiforov

Nov 26, 2014, 12:36:27 PM11/26/14
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
The problem got solved.
I've installed scala-ide on luna. According to my multiple installation it seems, that:
1) A person can't develop scala-ide in kepler now. The mentioned errors arrize.
2) When developing from luna a person shouldn't install ajdt from ajdt site, otherwise you get into loop
( 1 run ->
  2 dialog shows, that "jdt weaving is currently disabled" and you should enable it for scala to work properly
  3a if you click enable, then go to step 2
  3b if you click continue as is, then source code editor crashes. )

iulian dragos

Nov 27, 2014, 5:24:14 AM11/27/14
to scala-ide-dev
Artem, I'm very sorry for the broken instructions. There's been a pull request on docs that we forgot to merge. I just did, and the page looks a bit different now: http://scala-ide.org/docs/dev/setup/setup.html

There is no Luna release version of AJDT, I think, so I used the milestone site from here: http://download.eclipse.org/tools/ajdt/44/dev/update

iulian

« Je déteste la montagne, ça cache le paysage »
Alphonse Allais