Scala IDE for Eclipse beta7 for Scala 2.9.0-1

Miles Sabin

Jun 29, 2011, 1:01:30 PM6/29/11
to scala-a...@googlegroups.com, scala-tools, scala-ide-dev, scala-ide-user
There was a minor issue with the 2.0.0-beta6 build of the Scala IDE
for 2.9.0-1 which manifested itself as NoSuchMethodErrors being thrown
when Mark Occurrences was enabled in the Scala editor.

We've just released a new 2.0.0-beta7 build which fixes this issue. If
you've already installed 2.0.0-beta6 for 2.9.0-1 we recommend you
update again now. Users of the 2.8.2-SNAPSHOT build are unaffected by
the Mark Occurrences issue and don't need to update again.

Cheers,

Miles

--
Miles Sabin
tel: +44 7813 944 528

Arioch

Jun 29, 2011, 9:18:25 PM6/29/11
to scala-...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com, scala...@googlegroups.com, scala-i...@googlegroups.com
В письме от Wed, 29 Jun 2011 21:01:30 +0400, Miles Sabin
<mi...@milessabin.com> сообщал:

Little glitch there.

Make tabula rasa Eclipse + Scala installation
Now got File - New - New Scala Application

There'd be error, that project should be created before application.
In the error windows, there are two buttons, Finish and Cancel. Only the
latter works.
Hence Finish is to be hidden or grayed out i guess. Or do some actions.

PS: also i think the very menu item "new / Scala Application" is to be
greyed out if creation is not possible right now. Same for creating Scala
Object, etc

PPS: and i think that error windows looks strange, having only footer and
no main text - empty main white section.
I guess, there'd be some short text description and/or URL to tell newbs,
why application is not possible without package/project, how JVM
applications are structured, etc.
Just a small intro for refugees from native IDEs like C++, etc where
application is a project per se.

---
So i created a package. then the application there, all defaults with
custom names.

Then i try (incorrect) example from
http://www.scala-lang.org/api/current/index.html#scala.App

I just pasted it and initially got a frankenstein-like (maybe it is too
detailed, but i don't know when compilation get into and filled Error Log
view, so i try to be detailed)

~~~~~~~~~~~
object HWorld object Main extends App {
Console.println("Hello World: " + (arguments mkString ", "))
}
}
~~~~~~~~~~~

fixed three errors there and looked at Error Log.
It was full of assertions - don't know if it is expected or what.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
java.lang.AssertionError: assertion failed
at scala.Predef$.assert(Predef.scala:89)
at
scala.tools.eclipse.wizards.NewResourceWizard$class.pkg(NewResourceWizard.scala:132)
at
scala.tools.eclipse.wizards.NewApplicationWizard.pkg(NewApplicationWizard.scala:18)
at
scala.tools.eclipse.wizards.NewResourceWizard$class.performFinish(NewResourceWizard.scala:138)
at
scala.tools.eclipse.wizards.NewApplicationWizard.performFinish(NewApplicationWizard.scala:18)
at
org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.finishPressed(WizardDialog.java:827)
at
org.eclipse.jface.wizard.WizardDialog.buttonPressed(WizardDialog.java:432)
at org.eclipse.jface.dialogs.Dialog$2.widgetSelected(Dialog.java:624)
at
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:240)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4165)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3754)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.open(Window.java:801)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.actions.NewWizardShortcutAction.run(NewWizardShortcutAction.java:135)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.Action.runWithEvent(Action.java:498)
at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:584)
at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:501)
at
org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:411)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4165)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3754)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:2696)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:2660)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.access$4(Workbench.java:2494)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench$7.run(Workbench.java:674)
at
org.eclipse.core.databinding.observable.Realm.runWithDefault(Realm.java:332)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:667)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:149)
at
org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.application.IDEApplication.start(IDEApplication.java:123)
at
org.eclipse.equinox.internal.app.EclipseAppHandle.run(EclipseAppHandle.java:196)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.runApplication(EclipseAppLauncher.java:110)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.internal.adaptor.EclipseAppLauncher.start(EclipseAppLauncher.java:79)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:344)
at
org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:179)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:622)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:577)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:1410)
at org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:1386)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

--
Написано в почтовом клиенте браузера Opera: http://www.opera.com/mail/

Naftoli Gugenheim

Jun 30, 2011, 12:10:10 AM6/30/11
to Arioch, scala...@googlegroups.com, scala-...@googlegroups.com, scala-a...@googlegroups.com, scala-i...@googlegroups.com
It's great to have an Organize Imports, but I'm experiencing the following behavior: It adds imports for definitions that are already visible, sometimes items that are defined in the same file, and also using package outer; package inner; items in package outer are imported.

Mirko Stocker

Jun 30, 2011, 6:30:37 AM6/30/11
to Naftoli Gugenheim, scala-...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday 30 June 2011 00:10:10 Naftoli Gugenheim wrote:
> It's great to have an Organize Imports, but I'm experiencing the following
> behavior: It adds imports for definitions that are already visible,
> sometimes items that are defined in the same file, and also using package
> outer; package inner; items in package outer are imported.

It would be really really cool if you could create bug reports (with minimal
and independent code examples) for these issues so I can fix them :-)

Thanks,

Mirko

--
Mirko Stocker | m...@misto.ch