Making a project depend on another project

Rich Oliver

Dec 24, 2015, 6:29:47 AM12/24/15
to Scala IDE Dev
I want to be able to inherit settings from one project to the next. So for example I have a utilities package which all my projects use. I want to be able to set the Scala version, the sbt version and include the package source files in all projects. I then for example want to have a ScalaFx project where I set the ScalaFx dependencies for all ScalaFx projects, include my own ScalaFx source files and so on.

I see in the documentation you can create multi project projects, but my preference is to keep the projects separate. Is this possible? Is it possible to link to the build.sbt or the build.Scala files in another project? Or of that is not possible could I make it work with sym links?

Simon Schäfer

Dec 24, 2015, 9:02:14 AM12/24/15
to scala-...@googlegroups.com

On 24.12.2015 12:29, Rich Oliver wrote:
I want to be able to inherit settings from one project to the next. So for example I have a utilities package which all my projects use. I want to be able to set the Scala version, the sbt version and include the package source files in all projects. I then for example want to have a ScalaFx project where I set the ScalaFx dependencies for all ScalaFx projects, include my own ScalaFx source files and so on.

I see in the documentation you can create multi project projects, but my preference is to keep the projects separate. Is this possible? Is it possible to link to the build.sbt or the build.Scala files in another project? Or of that is not possible could I make it work with sym links?
That is what sbt plugins are for. You create a plugin that defines all of the configuration and then you can use it from any sbt project you want.

Rich Oliver

Dec 25, 2015, 11:42:44 AM12/25/15
to Scala IDE Dev
My apologies, I meant to post this in the sbt dev list not the Scala IDE dev list.

On Thursday, 24 December 2015 14:02:14 UTC, Simon Schäfer wrote:

That is what sbt plugins are for. You create a plugin that defines all of the configuration and then you can use it from any sbt project you want. --

Ah OK Thanks