Help redesigning the download page

iulian dragos

Jun 27, 2014, 9:53:53 AM6/27/14
to scala-ide-dev, scala-i...@googlegroups.com
The title says it all: we need some help in redesigning our download pages.

Our team has many talents, but unfortunately we are not very good at web design. We hear from a lot of people (and we agree) that our download pages are confusing. So this is an open call for help!

Here's a short summary of what we offer for download:

- several "streams": stable releases, milestone releases, nightly builds
- several platforms (Eclipse Kepler, Luna)
- full IDE (Eclipse + plugins) -- only for the latest stable release, or Eclipse update sites

This is obviously quite complex, and we'd like to favor the full IDE downloads (any better name for that?) for beginners/people new to Scala, but milestones/nightlies should also be discoverable.

Feel free to move things around (the current page is quite dense), etc.

The website is based on GitHub pages/Jekyll, and is cloneable at

Looking forward to some creative designs!
iulian

--
« Je déteste la montagne, ça cache le paysage »
Alphonse Allais

Eugene Ryzhikov

Jun 27, 2014, 5:13:22 PM6/27/14
to scala-i...@googlegroups.com, scala-...@googlegroups.com
One of the best inspirations for you could be STS download site. I think it covers most of your requirements