#1002340 Show semantic highlighting for call-by-name parameters at their creation & Bracket Expression Beautifier

Matthias Langer

Jan 1, 2015, 6:16:32 AM1/1/15
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Hello everybody,

I just wanted to inform you of two things:

1) I'm currently working on #1002340 (see https://github.com/mlangc/scala-ide/tree/highlight-by-name-parameters-1002340)

2) I've implemented a small helper class that comes in handy when trying to decipher ASTs: https://github.com/mlangc/bracket-expression-beautifier

Apart from that, I with you a happy new year!
Matthias

Simon Schäfer

Jan 1, 2015, 7:10:07 AM1/1/15
to scala-...@googlegroups.com

On 01/01/2015 12:16 PM, Matthias Langer wrote:
Hello everybody,

I just wanted to inform you of two things:

1) I'm currently working on #1002340 (see https://github.com/mlangc/scala-ide/tree/highlight-by-name-parameters-1002340)
Great, this is an useful addition.

2) I've implemented a small helper class that comes in handy when trying to decipher ASTs: https://github.com/mlangc/bracket-expression-beautifier
I really like this one, don't know why I never implemented something similar by myself due to the fact that I very often need it. Would you mind publishing it? Then I could add it as a dependency to my projects.

It would also be nice if you could add an action similar to the "show qualified name" action to the Scala editor. Users could select some text and then press a key combination to autoformat the text (or select the feature through the right click menu).

Apart from that, I with you a happy new year!
Matthias

Matthias Langer

Jan 2, 2015, 2:08:29 AM1/2/15
to scala-...@googlegroups.com

2) I've implemented a small helper class that comes in handy when trying to decipher ASTs: https://github.com/mlangc/bracket-expression-beautifier
I really like this one, don't know why I never implemented something similar by myself due to the fact that I very often need it. Would you mind publishing it? Then I could add it as a dependency to my projects.

Thanks for the feedback. I've created a ticket against Maven-Central: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/OSSRH-13056
As soon as this is resolved I'm going to publish the project.

It would also be nice if you could add an action similar to the "show qualified name" action to the Scala editor. Users could select some text and then press a key combination to autoformat the text (or select the feature through the right click menu).

Hmm, I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. You mean something like "Ctrl-Shift-F" for arbitrary text?

In my opinion, the area that needs improvements most badly is refactoring. Almost every non-trivial refactoring needs manual intervention, which can be quite annoying. As soon as I have proper access to the bugtracker I'll start filing bugs against refactoring. Hopefully I can fix at least some of them myself.

Regards,
Matthias

Simon Schäfer

Jan 2, 2015, 2:50:33 PM1/2/15
to scala-...@googlegroups.com

On 01/02/2015 08:08 AM, Matthias Langer wrote:

2) I've implemented a small helper class that comes in handy when trying to decipher ASTs: https://github.com/mlangc/bracket-expression-beautifier
I really like this one, don't know why I never implemented something similar by myself due to the fact that I very often need it. Would you mind publishing it? Then I could add it as a dependency to my projects.

Thanks for the feedback. I've created a ticket against Maven-Central: https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/OSSRH-13056
It is so great to see that maven users have to ask for publish rights instead of "just" publishing directly. What a luck that nowadays there exist providers like bintray.

Works great so far, thanks!

As soon as this is resolved I'm going to publish the project.

It would also be nice if you could add an action similar to the "show qualified name" action to the Scala editor. Users could select some text and then press a key combination to autoformat the text (or select the feature through the right click menu).

Hmm, I'm not sure if I understand you correctly. You mean something like "Ctrl-Shift-F" for arbitrary text?
Yes. Actually I would really need it for the output to the console and not for the editor contents. But this way I can just copy and paste it to the editor. I guess it is probably better to write my own plugin that handles this feature - no need to add another feature to the IDE that is only used by a few people.

In my opinion, the area that needs improvements most badly is refactoring. Almost every non-trivial refactoring needs manual intervention, which can be quite annoying. As soon as I have proper access to the bugtracker I'll start filing bugs against refactoring. Hopefully I can fix at least some of them myself.
There exist already "some" tickets. Can you not yet assign tickets to yourself?

Regards,
Matthias

Matthias Langer

Jan 3, 2015, 4:18:55 AM1/3/15
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
In my opinion, the area that needs improvements most badly is refactoring. Almost every non-trivial refactoring needs manual intervention, which can be quite annoying. As soon as I have proper access to the bugtracker I'll start filing bugs against refactoring. Hopefully I can fix at least some of them myself.
There exist already "some" tickets. Can you not yet assign tickets to yourself?

I fear that I don't have any permissions at all...

Simon Schäfer

Jan 3, 2015, 8:20:41 AM1/3/15
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
And I fear I don't have the permissions to give you more permissions. You have to wait until someone from the Typesafe team shows up.

Mirko Stocker

Jan 3, 2015, 8:40:52 AM1/3/15
to scala-...@googlegroups.com, Matthias Langer
On Saturday 03 January 2015 14:20:39 Simon Schäfer wrote:
> And I fear I don't have the permissions to give you more permissions. You
> have to wait until someone from the Typesafe team shows up.

I might have them, but I can't find Matthias in the users / watchers list.

Matthias, could you start watching the project, then I can try to give you the
permissions.

Gruss

Mirko

--
Mirko Stocker | m...@misto.ch
Work: http://ifs.hsr.ch | http://infoq.com

Mirko Stocker

Jan 3, 2015, 1:39:15 PM1/3/15
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday 03 January 2015 14:40:47 Mirko Stocker wrote:
> I might have them, but I can't find Matthias in the users / watchers list.

Nope, I don't have the necessary permissions..

Matthias Langer

Jan 9, 2015, 3:21:48 AM1/9/15
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Just in case you missed this - there is a Pull Request pending for #1002340:
https://github.com/scala-ide/scala-ide/pull/888

Regards,
Matthias

Simon Schäfer

Jan 9, 2015, 7:41:20 AM1/9/15
to scala-...@googlegroups.com

On 01/09/2015 09:21 AM, Matthias Langer wrote:
Just in case you missed this - there is a Pull Request pending for #1002340:
https://github.com/scala-ide/scala-ide/pull/888
I didn't miss it - I'm just a little bit busy lately.

Regards,
Matthias