buildStructure slows down save operations

Simon Schäfer

Apr 12, 2015, 6:42:06 AM4/12/15
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Right now, on every save operation SCU.buildStructure is called. This is
a heavy operation as reported in [1]. I wonder what we can do to speed
it up.

As far as I understand buildStructure is only needed for JDT
interoperability. Is this true? It is at least used by the Outline view,
any other features that need it?

One way to speed it up, would be to run this operation asynchronously in
the background and to not run it at all if the Outline is closed. If the
Outline is the only feature that needs buildStructure, we could also
rewrite the Outline view and update it with the information the PC
returns, but I don't know how much work that is.

Any other ideas?

[1]:
https://www.assembla.com/spaces/scala-ide/tickets/1002412#/activity/ticket: