2.11

s...@sksamuel.com

Mar 11, 2014, 5:47:01 PM3/11/14
to scala-code-c...@googlegroups.com
I'm going to release scoverage for 2.11 RC1. If anyone is actually using that and wants to test this plugin please let me know as I'd be interested in any bug reports.

ross....@gmail.com

Mar 25, 2014, 9:41:52 AM3/25/14
to scala-code-c...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to test it, I can see the scalac plugin in sonatype just not sure how I can setup the scoverage plugin correctly so it uses the 2.11 versions

Ross

Dean Chen

Apr 21, 2014, 9:41:59 PM4/21/14
to scala-code-c...@googlegroups.com, ross....@gmail.com
Hi,

I'd be interested in testing the 2.11-RELEASE when if becomes available.

Stephen Samuel

Apr 22, 2014, 3:57:43 PM4/22/14
to scala-code-c...@googlegroups.com, ross....@gmail.com, de...@ocirs.com
try 0.98.4

Dean Chen

Apr 22, 2014, 5:46:34 PM4/22/14
to Stephen Samuel, scala-code-c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the quick turn around Sam.

After running mvn clean test I'm getting the following error when I run:

mvn scoverage:report

[ERROR] scoverage.Coverage; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -7159697436876606548, local class serialVersionUID = -8676941113756807635
java.io.InvalidClassException: scoverage.Coverage; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -7159697436876606548, local class serialVersionUID = -8676941113756807635
        at java.io.ObjectStreamClass.initNonProxy(ObjectStreamClass.java:617)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readNonProxyDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1622)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readClassDesc(ObjectInputStream.java:1517)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readOrdinaryObject(ObjectInputStream.java:1771)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject0(ObjectInputStream.java:1350)
        at java.io.ObjectInputStream.readObject(ObjectInputStream.java:370)
        at scoverage.IOUtils$.deserialize(IOUtils.scala:53)
        at scoverage.IOUtils$.deserialize(IOUtils.scala:50)
        at org.scoverage.maven.ReportMojo.execute(ReportMojo.scala:31)
        at org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:133)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:208)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:108)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:76)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)
        at org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:116)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:361)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:155)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)
        at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)

This is my first time running scoverage with this project so it may very well be something else. I will try to verify that coverage:report runs correctly with 2.10 later today.

I'm using 0.98.2 maven-scoverage-plugin and can email you the generated scoverage.* in target/classes privately if that'll help.

--
Dean Chen

Stephen Samuel

Apr 22, 2014, 6:04:11 PM4/22/14
to scala-code-c...@googlegroups.com, Stephen Samuel, de...@ocirs.com
Are you setting serialVersionUID in every class? If you're not, can you send me the class that has it in (strip out any sensitive data).

Also 0.98.4 is released to maven central - will take 1-2 hours to show up.

Dean Chen

Apr 22, 2014, 6:09:44 PM4/22/14
to Stephen Samuel, scala-code-c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for it.

I'm not setting serialVersionUID in any of my classes although classes from libraries probably do. Will the best way to go about this to pull the source from my libraries and do a search for the serialVersionUID causing the error?

Alternatively, would restricting instrumentation to only classes in my package fix this?

--
Dean Chen

rkto...@gmail.com

May 12, 2014, 12:41:51 PM5/12/14
to scala-code-c...@googlegroups.com, Stephen Samuel, de...@ocirs.com
Hi Stephen,

I am getting this serialVersionUID issue using your sbt plugin with my open source project Salat.

My project is on GitHub, and the  - https://github.com/novus/salat/tree/scoverage

To repro the error,
# have a local instance of mongodb running
# clone g...@github.com:novus/salat.git
# checkout the scoverage branch
# sbt scoverage:test

Note also that a few tests fail.  These tests currently pass when test is run, both on Travis and locally.  So once I'm no longer getting the serialVersionUID errors, I will investigate that.  I am working towards getting sbt-coverall set up for my project.

Thanks,
Rose

Marco

May 15, 2014, 8:54:09 AM5/15/14
to scala-code-c...@googlegroups.com, Stephen Samuel, de...@ocirs.com, rkto...@gmail.com
Hi,

Getting the same error: java.io.InvalidClassException: scoverage.Coverage; local class incompatible: stream classdesc serialVersionUID = -7159697436876606548, local class serialVersionUID = -8676941113756807635

Regards,
Marco

Stephen Samuel (Sam)

May 15, 2014, 10:50:08 AM5/15/14
to Marco, scala-code-c...@googlegroups.com, Dean Chen, Rose Toomey
Sorry for the delay on 2.11.
There has been a bigger issue I've been working on for a week. I do not have a solution yet, so I may just have to ditch 2.10 support. Watch for the big write up about it, it's quite interesting.

Stephen Samuel

May 15, 2014, 12:19:11 PM5/15/14
to scala-code-c...@googlegroups.com
2.11 is going up now.

Stephen Samuel

May 15, 2014, 5:15:39 PM5/15/14
to scala-code-c...@googlegroups.com
2.11 support is out, and you want to use version 0.99.2 of the plugin.
Please allow an hour for the plugin to propagate to maven central

buntv...@gmail.com

May 16, 2014, 9:42:37 AM5/16/14
to scala-code-c...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! Problem solved.