Sparse LDL to Breeze/Netlib-java

Debasish Das

Feb 6, 2015, 10:49:37 AM2/6/15
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I have added the JNI version of Sparse LDL library and I use it in ECOS project to solve second order cone programs:

ECOS is GPL but Sparse LDL is LGPL. Will it be useful if I add in it netlib-java and we call it from Breeze sparse direct solvers ?

If the matrix is a CSCMatrix right now and we want to do Sparse LDL to do a direct solve, it's not possible to do it in breeze...

May be this question is more for netlib-java but it will be used from breeze. I wanted to understand if breeze users will also want to use it..

Thanks.
Deb

David Hall

Feb 14, 2015, 6:11:11 PM2/14/15
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
As with all LGPL, it can't be in breeze-math, since mllib depends on breeze-math and Apache has a ban on (mandatory) LGPL dependencies.