Population Standard Deviation

Eirik Rosvold Larsen

Mar 9, 2016, 12:56:14 PM3/9/16
to Scala Breeze
Standard deviation can be calculated by two methods:
1) Sample Standard Deviation (implemented by breeze)
2) Population Standard Deviation (default implementation of std in i.e numpy)

I need to port some python code, and thus need the population standard deviation. Is there such a function (UFunc) in Breeze?

If not, do you plan to add it?

Regards, Eirik

David Hall

Mar 10, 2016, 1:22:54 AM3/10/16
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
there isn't. I don't have any plans to add it, but would accept a PR that added it.

-- David

Saleem Ansari

Mar 10, 2016, 2:55:06 AM3/10/16
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
I created an issue for this along with some toughts:
https://github.com/scalanlp/breeze/issues/507

Regards,
Saleem