Read densematrix from csv(COO format input)

arditm...@gmail.com

Feb 2, 2018, 11:04:07 AM2/2/18
to Scala Breeze
I want to convert CSV coordinate format (COO) data into local matrix. Currently I am first converting them to CoordinateMatrix and then converting to local Matrix. But is there a better way to do this because I reach limits of java heap space(i tried increasing the heap space but I don't have much RAM)?

David Hall

Feb 2, 2018, 3:04:15 PM2/2/18
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Breeze doesn't have a coordinate matrix, so I'm assuming you're either referring to CSCMatrix builder or something you rolled yourself. If you're not using CSCMatrix.Builder, I recommend using that, since it's reasonably compact. If you're already using it, are you sure that the matrix will fit in memory anyway? the JVM puts a hard cap on array sizes at roughly 2^31 elements (it's like 2^31 - 5 or something), so if you have more than that, you're out of luck anyway.

-- David