specifying constraints for linear programming

nisha b

Aug 31, 2017, 8:07:56 PM8/31/17
to Scala Breeze
Hi,

I am using breeze for linear programming.
When I am specifying the constraints, I am having to specify it for each row of my matrix. This is having bad performance.
Is there a way to specify constraints as a DenseMatrix or DenseVector, so that it does not have to be represented scalar.

Thanks
Nisha

David Hall

Sep 5, 2017, 6:44:59 PM9/5/17
to scala-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry for the slow response. The LP stuff is basically a toy. You could probably use Apache's simplex solver directly, though it is fairly inefficient in terms of how it accepts constraints as well.