Calculate Spending Quotient (SQ) for each game

Edvin Olofsson

Dec 23, 2013, 1:40:26 PM12/23/13
to sc2g...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sc2Gears forum! I have been using Sc2Gears for some time now and I recently found this post:

http://www.teamliquid.net/forum/viewmessage.php?topic_id=266019

He calculates a very interesting number that he calls Spending Quotient or SQ for short.
Is it possible to implement this number to Sc2Gears?
It would give a good overview on how good you macro is and since macro is a huge part of the game and I think this could help people improve their skill level.

Tell me what you guys think!

(My first post here so sorry if I did anything wrong!)

Best Regards, Bait!
EU server: FluiÐBait#454

András Belicza

Dec 24, 2013, 3:19:22 AM12/24/13
to sc2g...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

At the time of the post about SQ it was not possible to implement it in Sc2gears because replays did not contain enough info to calculate it.

Since then Blizzard improved the replay format and added the necessary info making it possible to calculate SQ from a replay.

It is not implemented in Sc2gears. Due to many reasons, Sc2gears was re-written from ground as a separate program. It is the successor to Sc2gears, it's called Scelight:

The Spending Quotient is already implemented in Scelight amogst with many other things (like SPM - Screens Per Minunte). I recommend everyone to switch to Scelight.