Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Foonly

não lida,
25 de fev. de 2013, 12:57:0425/02/2013
para sc2g...@googlegroups.com
Greetings!

You are probably aware of the recent Java vulnerabilities and exploits, and the series of updates attempting to correct them. At the same time, Oracle  has offered the last public update for Java 6 (also known as 1.6). For most people, you should probably update Java to the latest, and leave it disabled in your browsers till you need it. The paranoid should probably delete Java from their systems, format, and reinstall the OS, take a shower, and vacuum the house, and sell it. :)

I usually have both Java 6 and Java 7 installed, and I use the Java automatic updater.

The current installer for Java 1.7 (7u15) will uninstall Java 1.6.

release notes:

Since doing Java update 7u15, I now see an error message when I launch SC2gears:

Launch4j
This application requires a Java Runtime Environment 1.6.0

The final version of 1.6 (6u41) can still be downloaded from:

So I installed 1.6 32bit (jre-6u41-windows-i586.exe), but I still got the error.

So I uninstalled both jre7, and jre6. I also deleted the CLASSPATH and QTJAVA environment variables. I don't particularly like QuickTime anyway.

Then I installed the above 1.6 32bit again, and now SC2gears is happy again. I hope this helps someone.

But will you be recompiling SC2gears against Java 7? I know there are some differences in 7 vs 6, especially in exception handling.

=seymour=

András Belicza

não lida,
26 de fev. de 2013, 01:35:5926/02/2013
para sc2g...@googlegroups.com
I would be more than happy to compile Sc2gears with Java 7, but those who do not have Java 7 could not run Sc2gears.

That's why Sc2gears is compiled with Java 6, and Java 7 should run it without any problems. I will look into the Sc2gears.exe which is responsible to detect installed Java versions and select one to start Sc2gears.

In the meantime you can start Sc2gears with Sc2gears-win.cmd, optionally edit it to select your Java bin folder if it's not in the PATH environment variable.

Thanks for the note.

András Belicza

não lida,
26 de fev. de 2013, 02:36:4926/02/2013
para sc2g...@googlegroups.com
Another note: at my home computer I only have Java 7 installed, and Sc2gears was starting/running for me fine without the error you described.
As mentioned before, Java 6 compiled Sc2gears can be run with Java 7 without any problems.

András Belicza

não lida,
27 de fev. de 2013, 03:55:4527/02/2013
para sc2g...@googlegroups.com
As you have already probably noticed, the next release of Sc2gears will require Java 7.

Yamin

não lida,
28 de fev. de 2013, 14:35:0028/02/2013
para sc2g...@googlegroups.com
Hi András,

I run Sc2gears on a mac, and in order to upgrade to Java 7, I would have to buy the upgrade to Mountain Lion (which I don't feel is necessary).  Is it possible to release a Java 6 version of Sc2gears on this update?  I'd like to continue using Sc2gears into HotS, but updating it would make it unusable.

András Belicza

não lida,
28 de fev. de 2013, 15:27:5928/02/2013
para sc2g...@googlegroups.com
If releasing a Java 6 compatible version would require to do it only once, I would do it.

But most Blizzard patches break the replay parser and requires my attention to update the parser engine and release a new Sc2gears version. I don't want to maintain 2 separate Sc2gears branches for every release.
A mensagem foi excluída
A mensagem foi excluída

András Belicza

não lida,
1 de mar. de 2013, 02:16:4401/03/2013
para sc2g...@googlegroups.com
I'm not a competent guy regarding MAC, but I think when you install multiple Java runtime environments on OS-X, you can/have to select the default one.

Even though you installed Java 7, Java 6 may still be the default one and being used by Sc2gears. Either set Java 7 as the default or uninstall Java 6 completely.

On Fri, Mar 1, 2013 at 1:45 AM, Syscrash <syscr...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey András :)

i have Mountain Lion (Mac OSX 10.8.2) and after the update to Sc2gears version 13 it dos not work anymore :(
I have JRE 7u15 on my Mac...

Here the message, what i get on startup sc2gears:
Last login: Fri Mar  1 01:20:59 on ttys001
imac:~ syscrash$ /Users/syscrash/Dropbox/Sc2gears/Sc2gears-os-x.command ; exit;
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: hu/belicza/andras/sc2gears/Sc2gears : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
logout

[Prozess beendet]

Sorry for my bad english

Syscrash Alias Sascha ;)

András Belicza

não lida,
1 de mar. de 2013, 02:22:2901/03/2013
para sc2g...@googlegroups.com
Tip: a quick Google result howto set the default Java version on OS-X if you have multiple versions installed:

1. Run /Application/Utilities/Java/Java Preferences
2. Click and drag Java 7 to top of both list, and exit the program.

To test it, open a terminal, and type:
java -version

A mensagem foi excluída
A mensagem foi excluída
A mensagem foi excluída

András Belicza

não lida,
4 de mar. de 2013, 01:45:4804/03/2013
para sc2g...@googlegroups.com
Your posts were not deleted just held for moderation (due to being suspicious as spam).

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 12:35 AM, Sinsister <aigl...@gmail.com> wrote:
Whoever deleted my post:  While I appreciate your efforts in running/supporting SC2gears, wtf is it with you deleting my message?  As stated in the post you deleted, the tip you give is OUTDATED (see e.g. http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-13727_7-57533880-263/java-preferences-missing-after-latest-os-x-java-update/) and thus not relevant -- if you feel like deleting something, delete your own post.  The info I gave (that installing only the JRE, which is what is installed get offered if you go to java.com and click the big red INSTALL button), will not help for the sc2gears issue as the sc2gears command file calls the installed JDK directly which will still be 1.6.  It took me about an hour's worth of figuring out to get my sc2gears working again, I was hoping to save someone else the trouble by posting here.  Deleting messages like this makes you come across as an idiot.
A mensagem foi excluída

Sinsister

não lida,
4 de mar. de 2013, 07:30:0104/03/2013
para sc2g...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the clarification!
A mensagem foi excluída

Mugy7

não lida,
14 de mar. de 2013, 23:15:4014/03/2013
para sc2g...@googlegroups.com
Hi there, I managed to solve this problem by installing the Mac OS X JDK 7
Go to this page: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk7-downloads-1880260.html
Download jdk-7u17-macosx-x64.dmg
simply open the .pkg file and install.
The terminal should now default to 1.7