Towards SBuild 0.7.2 release and some outlook

Tobias Roeser

Feb 25, 2014, 6:50:01 AM2/25/14
to sbuil...@googlegroups.com
Hello all,

in the next days I plan to release SBuild 0.7.2. It has already some
improvements and bug fixes, but also provides two essential features that will
be required to get meta plugins, namely the Java Project Plugin, released
(https://github.com/SBuild-org/sbuild-javaproject-plugin).

After that, I plan to work on the SBuild 0.8.x line. I plan to move all
packages from "de.tototec.sbuild" to "org.sbuild". This reflects better the
ownership, as SBuild is (gearing up to be) a community project, not a company
product. It also matches better our new http://sbuild.org domain and the new
project page (feeback is very welcome).

After this move, obviously SBuild 0.8 will not be compatible to previous
versions. So, I plan to use this step to remove all deprecated API and also
tend to move the TargetExecutor into the runner project, so that we have a
more slick API package that should change less frequently in future
development.

So, expect a release soon.

Best regards,
Tobias